PDA

View Full Version : SB push, 2 away from ITM, How did I play this hand?

12-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Been lurking for quite some time but this is officially my first post.
My read on vilain is TAG and feel as though this was a tough call for them.
I said when the cards were dealt that if it was folded to me I would have to push.
I don't mind losing, but I hate losing to getting blinded out. I think I'm ok with this push but would really like some feedback. Am I a loose canon? I realize it was 8 high and have only recently started pushing based on postion rather than cards so I'm constantly second guessing myself.
Thanks in advance

NL Holdem SNG Pays top 4

Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: (1150)
Seat 5: (2100)
Seat 7: (3145)
Seat 8: Hero(800)
Seat 9: Vilain(1965)
Seat 10: (840)
Hero posts small blind (100)
Vilain posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7h, 8h ]
seat 2 folds.
seat 5 folds.
seat 7 folds.
seat 10 folds.
Hero raises (700) to 800
Hero is all-In.
Vilain calls (600)
Creating Main Pot with $1600 with Hero
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Kh, 5d, Tc ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 2d ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1600 |
Board: [ Kh 5d Tc 4s 2d ]

bluefeet
12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
No second guessing. This is an excellant push.

(welcome to the forum)

tigerite
12-15-2005, 07:34 AM
I agree with bluefeet whole-heartedly. But, if possible, I would have pushed before I got down to only 4bb (I know it's not always, though, so there could well be a good reason why you didn't)

raptor517
12-15-2005, 07:41 AM
auto shove. holla

12-15-2005, 09:45 AM
thanks for the feedback. I know I missed a push 2 rnds earlier, but again it would have been with junk in the CO and praying for no call. I'm working on looking for situations and not cards although neither seemed to present themself in this particular tourney. Thanks again.

12-15-2005, 09:52 AM
In this situation you can push almost any two from any position if the other players are tight. When you have only 4 BB's you need to push fast, and like tigerite said... try to push before you get down to 4BB. I suggest you search the forum for ICM explanations and calculations and basic bubble decisions and stuff. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit: i don't like pushing in the small blind with a small stack into a much bigger big blind because he will have a wide call range, if he knows what he's doing, and he knows you will push almost any two there, but if you knew he will adjust to you pushing almost any two, you would no longer be pushing any two, so ...
But if he's too tight you can really push any two there. I'm rambling. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I tried searching ICM and "ICM" "-re" and I'm just not having any luck. Any suggestions what else I can search for or can you lead me to a previous post? Im not sure what ICM is, is it the calling range of your opponent vs +ev on a push?