PDA

View Full Version : AK in SB

curtains
07-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Stars 55 dollar tourney, I have AKo in the BB with 3000 in chips. Blinds are 75-150. Someone in early position raises to 450, thus making it 375 more to call. If I have 2000 in chips in this point I simply go allin, with 3000 I decided to just call.

Flop comes AJ6 (My opponent has me covered) Now how do I play the hand from here on out, AND do you find my preflop non reraise reasonable in this spot?

Augie
07-19-2003, 04:26 AM
Preflop: Moving allin would be a viable option, of course, especially out of position. However, your call seems fine to me.

When I make this sort of call preflop I have a standard plan for the flop. If I make one pair I bet to protect my hand, at least the size of the pot, and with your amount of chips I would move allin on the flop.

If I miss completely I check.

My play varies if I hit two pair or better, depending on my opponent, amount of chips, image, etc.

Bet if you hit, check if you miss. Perhaps that seems weak-tight, but when I'm out of position v. a EP raiser I keep it simple.

Augie
07-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Question about your post:

You state that you had AK in the BB, but the title of your post is 'AK in SB'. What blind were you in?

It would make a difference in my preflop decision. My previous post assumes you were in the BB. But if I was in the SB with AK in that situation I think I would move all-in.

curtains
07-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi, thanks for responses. I changed my mind, and I think I should go allin here. Increases my stack by 20% if they fold.....I think a 20% increase is worth it, whereas 10 - 15% maybe I would just call?

On flop I was a goner as he had AJ, with the AJ6 flop...