PDA

View Full Version : Beginner question about using odds tables

Str8Fish
12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Do you ever use the turn-to-river odds for the flop-to-turn? If you do, when is it appropriate?

SheridanCat
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, I suppose if a card was exposed preflop, then you would. The different between these two numbers would be very small and probably not really relevant.

Unless I'm missing something in your question.

Regards,

T

smoore
12-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Use those odds when you must improve on the turn in order to continue

SheridanCat
12-15-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Use those odds when you must improve on the turn in order to continue

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain what you're getting at, smoore?

I don't understand why you'd use turn-to-river odds to determine this. Since we're talking about the number of unseen vs. seen cards with one card to come in both cases. Perhaps I just don't understand the OP's question.

Regards,

T

12-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm guessing that what your are getting at is do you need to memorize/use two different odds tables, one for the turn and one for the river. You can double the river odds to ballpark your odds. IE...9 outs on the river equals(roughly) 18(9 outs twice) outs with two cards to go. If I'm thinking correctly...

SheridanCat
12-15-2005, 01:24 PM
You're talking flop-to-river vs. turn-to-river, which isn't how the OP read to me.

Regards,

T

12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're talking flop-to-river vs. turn-to-river, which isn't how the OP read to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...I didn't read the Op close enough

12-19-2005, 05:08 AM
If your talking about online play (assumed) I use an online odds calculator which displays the draw odds, pot oods, and outs.

Prior to the flop all I know is the strength of the hand I was delt. Once the flop is on board I have the draw odds displayed for turn to river and naturally they go down after the turn card is revealed and it is not allways 1/2 the odds for turn to river.

I am not sure if I really understood your question as well but this is how I handle the online games.

donkeyradish
12-19-2005, 09:43 AM
In practice I round things to whole numbers.

8 outs, 5 to 1. (on Flop or on Turn)

Its not accurate but does it really need to be? You don't see that many borderline situations.