PDA

View Full Version : OK, I seriously have no idea what I want for Christmas

SomethingClever
12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I mean, most of the things I want are too expensive to ask for as gifts. Nobody's buying me a new motorcycle for Christmas.

I could use some new clothes and things like that, but I don't trust many people to buy things that I would like.

I need to come up with some ideas for my parents and relatives on their side of the family ($25-$100 range), and some smaller stuff ($10 and under) for my wife's side of the family, as they do a system where you give small gifts to most people, and a bigger gift to one person.

Lil help?

istewart
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and some smaller stuff ($10 and under) for my wife's side of the family, as they are Jewish

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Voltron87
12-14-2005, 06:42 PM
i have no idea either... i want a new computer or at least a new monitor, but that is the kind of thing that is pretty expensive and even a monitor I will just want to get it myself to make sure i get the exact one i want.

SomethingClever
12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
To encourage lots of replies, just post what YOU want for Christmas and I'll copy it.

Go.

12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Can't help you too much because I don't know what you like...and I usually don't think about what I want for Christmas either...but here's what I want (maybe it'll give you some ideas.)

Dress clothes. Alcohol. Cigars. A 1GB/2GB flash drive. SSHE by Miller. Barware. Good coffee.

Worse comes to worst, you could ask for GC's. GL

ScottieK

istewart
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Seinfeld DVDs seasons 4 thru 6.

BradleyT
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
an exercise bike

Voltron87
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
www.mininova.org

[/ QUOTE ]

12-14-2005, 06:49 PM
My dad just called and asked if I wanted an XBox 360. I said no...

SomethingClever
12-14-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My dad just called and asked if I wanted an XBox 360. I said no...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell him I'll take it!

istewart
12-14-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
somethingsarebetterboughtthanstolen.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wonderwes
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
new headphones?
new dvds?
new computer mouse (like a sweet logitech mx1000)?
PC game or videogame?
New pair of shoes?
cds?
coffee maker?

Cumulonimbus
12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
DaVinci's notebooks
Interesting documentary-style DVDs like...
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifWhat the bleep do we know?
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifThe Weather Underground
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Discovery Channel episodes (Decoding the Past)
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif PBS specials
etc...
Teccie gadgets
Books by Vonnegut and Thompson
Painting supplies
Drugs & alcohol

/images/graemlins/heart.gifNimbus

dblgutshot
12-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I hate getting presents, but stuff like socks and underwear is what I ask for when somoene insists on buying me something. Small enough that I don't feel bad asking for it, and useful. Pretty much any other gifts I'll either never use or throw away.

RunDownHouse
12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
new headphones?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can highly recommend these (http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/sealed-and-noise-canceling/sennheiser-hd-280-pro.php) headphones. Good reproduction, great comfort, not crazy expensive. Good all-around headphones if you spend a few hours a day wearing them.

12-14-2005, 08:05 PM
A nice electric razor is a good choice.

My GF bought me a nice Braun a couple years ago and it's superb. It's one of those that automatically cleans itself with blue juice. It's very nice though, I think it was like $80.

My philosophy is that you will always need a razor for the rest of your life, why not get a good one? People love to spend $$ on crap they don't need, but a razor is a necessity.

Get a good one.