PDA

View Full Version : The Bike 200NL flopped set call river?

ThaHero
12-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Ok so I really screwed up this hand. I should have posted it the day it happened because now the details are sketchy but I'll try to remember the action exactly.

I have about $300 in front of me UTG+2 with 55 and limp. This table has been limping multi-way preflop a lot, and this hand is no different. 6 people in the hand. I have about the same amount as everyone else except an old guy who is sitting out(he kept falling asleep).

Flop is A 2 5 rainbow. Pot is roughly $25.

Checked to me, I check, it gets checked around. I realize I should probably have bet this but this table had been playing somewhat aggressive on flops and I was hoping to trap an ace with a check raise.

Turn is a K that brings a second /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet 20. Get one caller in the CO and one in the SB.

River is 3. SB check, I check, CO bets 30. Sb folds. I?

Villain is a basic loose-passive. I've only seen him bet with a hand. Seeing him bet, I figure he may have a 4(especially with so many callers preflop). Is a fold too weak-tight? Is a call too loose?

beavens
12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
always bet this flop - especially live.

.edit as played i'd call and be angry with myself when he flips the 4.

12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Bet flop, call river, be ahead of two pair most of the time but don't be surprised when you see a 4. Raising probably isn't great here, because of the texture of the game that you described (but would be correct in other games). He might have called with a flush draw and put you on a lower one then bet out when it didn't complete on the river. I think you can pick off bluffs and worse hands a majority of the time.

12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Call, this is a 4 most of the time. Raising this river is ALMOST never right.

That flop is awesome. There's an ace and a bunch of people in the pot. Go ahead and bet the pot, watch one or TWO peopel call you, and then you can put a bunch of money in on the turn and stack one of them.

trevor
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checked to me, I check, it gets checked around. I realize I should probably have bet this but this table had been playing somewhat aggressive on flops and I was hoping to trap an ace with a check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are aggro more reason for you to bet the flop and hope you get raised. Not check-raise the flop and let them off cheap. Ideal scenario is bet/3-bet here but you let your opponents play more closely to optimal by check-raising the flop, esp mult-way. My god bet the flop and build a pot.