PDA

View Full Version : $27 mid pair in BB

tylerdurden
12-14-2005, 05:12 PM
MP has been bullying. UTG seems semi-donkish, built his stack with a couple of bad (but not amazingly so) all-in calls (e.g. TPNK vs. TPGK) followed by suckouts. Other than that he's been tight.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t810)
Hero (t1479)
UTG (t2878)
MP (t6913)
Button (t1420)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t200, MP calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t700) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t400</font>, Hero ???

nyc999
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Fold. Not worth risking with mid-pair, no kicker. MP's bet is probably nothing more than positional, but there are too many hands that beat yours.

Edit: If you want to play this hand, bet out the flop and see what develops.

sofere
12-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Betting out the flop sucks IMO. Any bet is at least 20% of your stack and is prone to being called or reraised by aggressive villain.

I am torn between check fold and CR push given the read of the villain. I'm pretty sure I just check fold this unless I at least had a gut shot straight draw with the mid kicker. I also don't like that there's a donkish UTG limper still to act who may also be thinking CR.

The more I think about it...the more I think this is a fold even though you probably have the best hand.

12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting out the flop sucks IMO. Any bet is at least 20% of your stack and is prone to being called or reraised by aggressive villain.

I am torn between check fold and CR push given the read of the villain. I'm pretty sure I just check fold this unless I at least had a gut shot straight draw with the mid kicker. I also don't like that there's a donkish UTG limper still to act who may also be thinking CR.

The more I think about it...the more I think this is a fold even though you probably have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.

nyc999
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...why I said fold. But I don't know if villain ended up calling. My intention was if he intended to call, it would have been better to bet and maybe take down the pot at that moment.

Melchiades
12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Check-fold.

11t
12-14-2005, 06:16 PM
muck here, there isn't a huge chip disparity between yourself, the sb, and the button so chip accumulation isn't a huge factor. You simply have no information about what UTG could have and could easily bust here tryiing to get fancy.

The only times I like c/ring with mid pair is when I know and button is open raising with a-x and instead he open limps, sb folds, and I check in the bb and the flop comes a-y-x where y is the middle pair I flopped. You can pick off a lot of bets checking here versus fools.