PDA

View Full Version : Third pair +, Help!

brian0729
07-18-2003, 04:25 PM
I am having trouble with this hand. When Im in the BB or am playing Axs and I flop third pair with a back door flush or str8 draw (If I miss the str8 or flush draw its an automatic toss). What do I do?. I tend to want to stay atleast until the turn to see if I improve. However I will toss it if I get a raise in front of me or if four or five people already called when Im in the LP . Is this just a suckers chase? I seem to be making the wrong play everytime on the flop.I would get the set or two pair on the turn, if I would have stayed. If I stay in I get a blank. Now what on the turn? What do you do when this happens? Thanx in advance.

J.R.
07-18-2003, 04:36 PM
This is a little too general, but the size of the pot, the texture of the board, and the tendencies of you opponents will all come into play here. But generally, you should check and see what develops from the big blind.

brian0729
07-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Yes, I realized that I should have included some more detail but I didnt want to start rambling. I am playing in mostly 1/2 loose passive games. In a tighter better game I will toss this much quicker.

J.R.
07-18-2003, 05:05 PM
But in a tighter game you can steal more on raggedy flops from the bb becuase you opponets are tight and less lieklt to have limped with rags. Just a thought that may not be directly applicable to your post.