PDA

View Full Version : The best night of poker I've ever played.

whiskeytown
12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey - WT here - looking for a place to put this story and I think it's in the psychology forum.

It covers a night when all the factors for tilt were in abundance and what I did to fix the situation.

good read, I think - but very long - a 10 min. one at least - I'm just going to post the link to my blog to avoid dumping a large post on this site -

Hope you read it and let me know what you think...

Here is the location of the story (http://whiskeytown.blogspot.com/2005/12/following-events-occurred-from-3-9am.html)

gratsi. I'm excited about this night - feels like a nice step forward.

RB

bernie
12-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Cool story.

I love sticking it to dicks like that.

b

Songwind
12-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Nice story.

This was in Vegas, or MN?

whiskeytown
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
vegas, baby.

actually, we dont allow NL in MN - state legislature rule.

RB

Songwind
12-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I haven't played poker live here yet, so Ihad no idea

Exsubmariner
12-15-2005, 10:12 AM
I really like it. It was like I was sitting there. Excellent writing.

Hey, is there a 2nd page? The one I saw was pretty lengthy and stopped abruptly at the bottom. I would really like to finish it. Really excellent reading and play of the table dynamic and really good examples of what you have to consider in a spot like that. I especially like the walkman idea and telling the loudmouth you were going to buy an ipod with the money you just won from him. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

whiskeytown
12-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Try reloading the page - I thought the ending was pretty firm and clear - maybe it didn't load right - tell me what the last line is you can read.

I've decided that there's not better way to end the story then by buying the Ipod I said I was gonna buy - I was looking last night - the 60 GB one with 20 hrs of battery looks sweet.

RB

I love music - I'm just been waiting for an Ipod that takes pictures

Exsubmariner
12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
I got it the second time. No starving kids and no civilians dead.

Good read.

I listen to techno, personally, when I play. I really enjoy chillout and find that Sarah McLuaghlin remixed really puts me in the zone. It's not exactly mainstream stuff but I think you can download some into your new Ipod and it might be worth a shot.

Good luck.

jskills
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Great write up.

Your display of control in that situation was really remarkable. It's nice to see justice done in the end too ...

12-15-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whiskeytown
Sleepless Sailor

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice

tdarko
12-15-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And then I feel like it’s time to start in. I tell him he’s right that I need an Ipod – I’m going to buy one with the money he gave me.

[/ QUOTE ]
best part. i liked it that you kept it cool but through a nice subtle jab in there too.

teddyFBI
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Great read, thanks!

However, i downloaded sleepless sailor (on your rec), and thought it sucked. Sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

whiskeytown
12-16-2005, 03:36 AM
changed that about 3 mos. before the post -

I got a friend, Bill - who tends to refer to his friends/partners in music crime as "sailors" - so since I'm up most nights anyways, it sorta had a dual meaning - LOL

RB

12-16-2005, 08:38 AM
I enjoyed that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

[b]<font color="blue">BingoChimp[b]</font>

12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
I enjoyed that a lot, thanks

Especially your attitude towards poker, I can really identify with that.

I won a pot of a guy online the other day, and he was so mad he said he was gonna off himself.

I said "please don't do that" (he was probably not serious, but why chance it?) he said "shut up you don't care"

So I said "I do care. Not enough to give you your money back, but I do care." It was the truth.