Trny:18248001 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
matty280 raises [60].
3 fold
D_Maybe calls [60].
4 fold
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
matty280 bets [125].
What do I do here??? Is my preflop call fine?

12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't play 109s, but I would reraise at 30s /images/graemlins/smile.gif.. I mean he could easily have high cards here. It seems like a touch of an overbet (although not a big overbet) to have a high pair. If I had a high pair in this spot, I would bet 1/2 - 2/3 of the pot. Also, I think he would definitely bet AK, AQ in this spot because of the gutshot with two over cards.

I would not give up so easily in this spot.

xJMPx
12-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Pre-flop: I like the call.

Flop: I'd push. There is is t270 in the pot. Any reasonable re-raise is going to commit you to the pot anyway, and you really would hate to get called and have an A/K/Q come on the turn.

If he has AA/KK/QQ that sucks, you'll just have to hit your J on the turn/river. His ~pot size bet on the flop with a relatively safe flop makes me think a higher pair than yours is less likely anyway.

pineapple888
12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: I'd push. There is is t270 in the pot. Any reasonable re-raise is going to commit you to the pot anyway, and you really would hate to get called and have an A/K/Q come on the turn.

If he has AA/KK/QQ that sucks, you'll just have to hit your J on the turn/river. His ~pot size bet on the flop with a relatively safe flop makes me think a higher pair than yours is less likely anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

12-14-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang on. Can you hope for a better flop with JJ (besides a set of course)? He could very likely be semibluffing with a big Ace or a heart draw here.

bigt439
12-14-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think you have to push in this particular situation. There are spots similair where you can cold call, but I don't think that works here. As a bonus it's totally possible to get called by worse pairs; this happens quite a bit IMO.