PDA

View Full Version : really minor girl thing

12-14-2005, 01:17 PM
So this girl, who a friend introduced to me over MSN, and I find absolutely fascinating, have arranged to meet for coffee. I have no intention of cheating on my girlfriend, or even pursuing a romantic relationship with this fascinating girl (although if I was single I 100% would).

Should I tell my girlfriend I am going for coffee with this girl?

KingMedicine
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
absolutely not. and its not close.

diebitter
12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Captain Obvious states: You're just lying to yourself.

Looking for an upgrade, huh?

Voltron87
yes, it is not a big deal and would only be a big deal if your gf finds out you are getting coffee/meals with another girl behind her back. just because you are with one girl doesnt mean you cant talk to any other women ever

Yeti
[ QUOTE ]
I have no intention of cheating on my girlfriend, or even pursuing a romantic relationship with this fascinating girl

[/ QUOTE ]

You are lying to yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
(although if I was single I 100% would)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, definitely.

12-14-2005, 01:20 PM
You find the girl fascinating yetyou say you won't cheat on your GF with her. BS. Trouble brewing.

young nut
12-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Do not tell your girlfriend. Meet up with her, make sure to bring your camera, SIIHP, and come back here with a trip report. That would be a 'fascinating' post.

Then post her MSN screenie and let the OOT trainwreck begin (reference the bangMyspaceChicks thread for explanation and procedures for trainwreck)

imported_The Vibesman
12-14-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no intention of cheating on my girlfriend, or even pursuing a romantic relationship with this fascinating girl (although if I was single I 100% would).

[/ QUOTE ]

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Reverse your position with your girlfriend; she has a friend who has introduced her to a guy on myspace. She finds that guy absolutely fascinating and has arranged to meet him for coffee. She has no intention of cheating on you or pursuing a romantic relationship with this guy, although if she was single she "100%" would. How do you feel?

gamblore99
did you tell this girl you have a girlfriend?

jaxUp
If you really don't want anything more from this, then telling your gf should not be a problem. Make sure you are not lying to yourself about the reason to meet this girl. That said, if you tell your gf and she is really pissed, then I'd go ahead and [censored] this new chick, take pictures and send them to your soon to be ex-gf.

edit: and post them in OOT.

12-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Your screenname and the situation posed lead me to believe you are a retard. That being said, get on the short bus, lick some windows, and cheat on your girlfriend. Just be a man and admit to it though.

12-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Yes I have told her. I also told her my relationship with my girlfriend is on the rocks.

NorCalJosh
12-14-2005, 01:40 PM
why would you go to coffee without telling your girlfriend? if you had no other intentions, telling her wouldnt be a big deal. as your post described it, i dont think you'd be very happy if the situation was reversed. if i was in your shoes, i wouldnt meet up 1 on 1 with a girl for coffee. the possibilities are disrespectful to the relationship.

KaneKungFu123
12-14-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I have told her. I also told her my relationship with my girlfriend is on the rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

diebitter
12-14-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay.

You know why you told this girl this, don't you?

Therefore you know what your intentions are, don't you?

So quit trolling.

RunDownHouse
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you're able to deceive yourself so completely that you can also honestly state, "I have no intention of pursuing a relationship with this girl."

Why didn't you just title the post, "Should I break up with my girlfriend, or just cheat on her?"

jaxUp
12-14-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a breakdown of your next 2 months. I have included 2 possible scenarios. 2 is probably more likely than 1:

1. you meet with this chick and find she's very interesting. You become friends and you start to develop feelings for her without actually realizing it. Your gf, if at all perceptive, will start to suspect this and will question you about it. You will deny it up and down, but gradually come to realize that she is right. You talk it through and decide that you should probably stay away from new chick for a while if you want your relationship with your gf to last,

2. You meet new chick and she is very interesting. You guys hit it off and start spending more and more time with each other. Your gf suspects that you have feelings for your new "friend" and questions you about it. You deny any feelings, but she doesn't believe you and it ends up ending the relationship. Alternatively, you may come to realize that she is right and choose to end the relationship yourself.

Yeti
12-14-2005, 01:44 PM
3. Your gf dumps you. New chick doesn't like you, cos you are a loser.

12-14-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you're able to deceive yourself so completely that you can also honestly state, "I have no intention of pursuing a relationship with this girl."

Why didn't you just title the post, "Should I break up with my girlfriend, or just cheat on her?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like something Noam Chomsky would do. It also sounds like you've already made up your agenda for this little coffee DATE (meet this awesome girl on the down low, if things go well dump your current GF...if not, "no harm done.") Is your current relationship truly "on the rocks?" If not, it will be when she finds out what you're doing. GL

ScottieK

LeatherFace
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
4. You're so retarded that on the way to the coffee shop you trip and drown in a puddle. Both of the girls find new men and live happily ever after.

Yako
12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. You're so retarded that on the way to the coffee shop you trip and drown in a puddle. Both of the girls find new men and live happily ever after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly the obvious outcome.

Alobar
12-14-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah, just like everyone else has said in this thread, you are in serious denial

also once you break up with your GF for the chance with this new chick, good luck ever getting her to trust you, since she already will know what you are capable of in a relationship

12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
A few more things :

First off, I appreciate the reality check.

Second, the girl suggested we meet for coffee, not myself. The first time she suggested it I agreed, but only in the general sense (we should meet sometime). I felt it would have been rude not to meet her (although that may not be my only motive).

Third, I have never cheated on a girlfriend, and have had the opportunity two times before (as in the girl flat out offered sex).

Should I then just not meet this girl for coffee? What do I tell her? Is it not possible to be friends with her? I enjoy the exchange of ideas and debates we have (her being a fan of Ayn Rand, and well my beliefs are indicated by my name). Is this not possible to have?

12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Clueless.

rory
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
You are lying to yourself. You want to hook up with this girl and don't want to make waves with your girlfriend in case it doesn't work out with the girl at coffee. You will meet the girl for coffee, flirt with her and whatever and if it seems like things are maybe going to go somewhere wind up breaking up with/sabotaging your current relationship to try to get with the coffee girl.

MonkeeMan
12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
My only advice is don't forget the condoms.

Alobar
12-14-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this not possible to have?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

sfer
12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
In relationships, acts that look suspicious typically are suspicious. This is no exception. Good luck.

NLSoldier
12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
im not sure if this thread was the cause of your first star or not, but if not I think you deserve another one.

Songwind
12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
If you do this, be up front with your GF about it. Nothing is going to put your relationship in the crapper faster than one of you thinking the other one is hiding things (aside from presents, natch).

PokerBob
12-14-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In relationships, acts that look suspicious typically are suspicious. This is no exception. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put.

12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Uh, if it really is all innocent and that, then invite your girlfriend to come along. Hehe.

TripleH68
12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I tell my girlfriend I am going for coffee with this girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a cowardly way to break up with your girlfriend.

jedi
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm really disappointed after reading the title of this thread. But good thing you're not about to get arrested for statutory.

That having been said, don't tell the g/f. Sounds like you'll be breaking up soon anyways, no need to stress her out now.

PokerBob
12-14-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, if it really is all innocent and that, then invite your girlfriend to come along. Hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, it's gonna be really hard for him to bang this chick if his gf is along with him.