PDA

View Full Version : Have mixed feelings about split forums by stakes

betgo
12-14-2005, 12:31 PM
The holdem forums are heavily split up based on stakes. I have mixed feelings about this. The problem is that if you submit a hand for example about a live 1/2 NL game in the small stakes forum, you may not get very useful responses. You are not going to get the hand commented on by pros. You may get comments about of course you should do such and such, rather than interesting discussion.

I usually pot in the MTT forum. There are a lot of OPs and ansers by weak players. However, I think there is an advantage in that all levels of players comment on all hands.

Lloyd
12-14-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually pot in the MTT forum. There are a lot of OPs and ansers by weak players. However, I think there is an advantage in that all levels of players comment on all hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I generally agree with you, but the statement above is not necessarily true. YOU might get responses from all levels of players but I'd say a very large percentage of the forum does not. There are too many posts to respond to everyone so you either have to develop a reputation that your posts are read worthy or convince one of the more experienced posters to reply which might in turn bring others. And in the NL and limit forums the noise was even higher escalating the problem. It's a tough balance, I agree.

Lloyd
12-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh, and another issue is simply the difference in play at the various levels (and here I'm talking both about MTT and NL cash). I try and avoid most small stakes posts simply because I'll give an advice based on my experience in much higher stakes which could be completely wrong. That's certainly happened on more than one occasion.