PDA

View Full Version : versus an unknown

12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I think it's like this:
- vs. LP fold
- vs. LAG calldown
- vs. TAG call/fold depending on read

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero

But what do you do versus an unknown, who's new at the table?

ps. I just see he limped preflop UTG so that kinda rules out a TAG.

Wynton
12-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't have the experience to discuss an unknown 10/20 player.

But I have one observation. We know that LPs are the type who excessively slow-play also, right? But sometimes in a hand like this, I see an LP raise the turn, not because the turn helped, but because of sudden fear.

For example, suppose LP had J10. He was content to let you bet away while he had top pair. But the turn worried him because it was an overcard and put 2 draws out there.

Am I wrong that a LP acts like this sometimes?