PDA

View Full Version : Screen is shaking!

12-14-2005, 09:59 AM
I just moved around my 19" CRT and now the image is kind of shaking. It's worst in the corners I think. I already tried putting all the plugs in better, but nothing seems to help.

Is it now time to buy a second 2001FP or is there something I can do?

CORed
12-14-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just moved around my 19" CRT and now the image is kind of shaking. It's worst in the corners I think. I already tried putting all the plugs in better, but nothing seems to help.

Is it now time to buy a second 2001FP or is there something I can do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes bad power will cause this. A good surge suppressor might help. Most likely, though, the monitor is dying. There isn't much you can do to fix a bad CRT monitor (and you don't want to mess with it if you don't know what you are doing, because there are capacitors in there charged to a high voltage, that can nail you even with the monitor unplugged), so if it's not a power problem, it's probably time to replace it.

Meech
12-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I've seen this happen when you have something like your speakers or a fan close to the monitor.

12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
What else do you have plugged into the same area as the monitor? Here at work, i had my computer plugged into a power strip, and then had my fan plug in as well, with the fan turned on the monitor would shake. I have to agree that speakers too close (assuming they arent top of the line with magnetic shielding) would also cause this, maybe a light as well. I would try and Isolate the monitor and see if it still does it. It not then its time for a new one if you cant live with the shake.

I also have to agree with the post about not opening the monitor if your not trained, along with high voltage, depending on how old the cathod tubes are they can contain poisonous materials/gases.

12-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

It turns out the cause was an 'AC Adaptor' that was plugged into the socket right behind the monitor.