PDA

View Full Version : What's the river plan?

pokerjunky
12-14-2005, 09:34 AM
15/8/2.6 UTG+1 raises. Folded to me in the BB and I call with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop comes J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check/call

Turn is a blank.
Check/call.

River is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Who does what and for those that check raise how do you handle a three bet.

12-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Bet/call.

TimsterToo
12-14-2005, 09:54 AM
I'd probably cap it.

How come you are still in the hand though? I can understand your preflop call but after that I would have done a runner with so little bets in the pot.

spydog
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
CR and call a 3-bet.

If you donk then AA/AK probably calls your bet but doesn't raise. However, AA/AK will always bet and call a CR.

toss
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I think a checkraise fold to a 3-bet is better here. Villain is not likely to 3-bet with a hand that we beat at the end. If he has AK or AA he'll fear two pair or a set. If we just lead the river what hands will villain raise that we're ahead of? He'll only call the river bet with worse hands for the same reason he won't 3-bet. Checkraising allows him to bet a weaker hand and get trap for one more big bet.

pokerjunky
12-14-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably cap it.

How come you are still in the hand though? I can understand your preflop call but after that I would have done a runner with so little bets in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this type of player is likely to bet the turn with any two cards.

SnglMaltScotch
12-14-2005, 10:21 AM
This is a donktastic opportunity. I think that AK, AQ, AJ all call. I think that I call a raise as well since I can see AK going a little overboard.

Bet/Call