PDA

View Full Version : AA comments all streets please

Ryendal
12-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Villain is 44/15/2.4 after 75 hands

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($31.80)
SB ($59)
BB ($31.70)
UTG ($60.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.85, UTG calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.40) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5.5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $28.15</font>, Hero ?

PoBoy321
12-14-2005, 07:55 AM
folds and doesn't think about it twice.

Also, don't min 3-bet the flop. Raise it to at least $15.

Ryendal
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't min 3-bet the flop. Raise it to at least $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure at all on the 15 $ raise since I will be called or raised only by better hands and moreover I would be pot commited.
A smaller raise can get value from lowers hands. It's really possible that my raise is not good (may be 3$ more is better ? )

AcesUp2121
12-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Given the way it was played I fold quick. At these stakes, I probably call the checkraise, and shove a nonthreatening turn when he leads.

-Skeme-
12-14-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure at all on the 15 $ raise since I will be called or raised only by better hands and moreover I would be pot commited.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. You will be called by many hands which you beat. You will also charge the draws, instead of giving them their odds. If you pulled this minraising stuff against me, I would immediately put you on Aces and label you a weak player.

[ QUOTE ]
A smaller raise can get value from lowers hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your crappy raise also confuses you when they push all in.

4_2_it
12-14-2005, 10:03 AM
3-bet all-in that flop. This guy's range is wide and he is probably either on a draw or trying to pick off your CB.

You appear weak and an aggressive player is playing back at you. This is actually not a bad play if you know you will get action from an aggro who plays decent post-flop, but you have to 3-bet push that flop.

beavens
12-14-2005, 10:12 AM
bigger raise pf and quit with the weak 3betting.

Ryendal
12-14-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice. The normal play should be a call I believe. and my post was to know also about my preflop raise. You say it's a too small pre-flop raise ( and I tend to be agree with that ). But the pot raise is my standard raise, what preflop raise is interesting here ?

For the 15$ 3bet raise, I simply can't believe in it and I explained why, I wish a good player could be agree with me, but if everybody say I am wrong, well I will have to change my opinion...

beavens
12-14-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good advice. The normal play should be a call I believe. and my post was to know also about my preflop raise. You say it's a too small pre-flop raise ( and I tend to be agree with that ). But the pot raise is my standard raise, what preflop raise is interesting here ?

For the 15$ 3bet raise, I simply can't believe in it and I explained why, I wish a good player could be agree with me, but if everybody say I am wrong, well I will have to change my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

standard pf raising is 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper - so at least $1.50 in your case.

minraising does not show strength at all - it just begs for him to come over the top at you. when you reraise you want to make an impression on the villain and make them think twice about their action.

4_2_it
12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise was less than the value of the pot. Villain has better than 2-1 immediate odds and probably over 3-1 implied odds to call. If you are going to 3-bet it has to be at least pot-sized to get any respect. $15 is pot-sized. Villain likes his hand so I probably get greedy and go to $20+. Yes, plenty of worse hands are coming along for the ride. Why give worse hands correct odds to draw out with a min-raise? Punish chasers. That is where you make money.

Ryendal
12-14-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
minraising does not show strength at all - it just begs for him to come over the top at you. when you reraise you want to make an impression on the villain and make them think twice about their action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my idea, but a bad idea I think against most opponents even if I see him as an agro player. It depends on what hands he will come over the top where
1: I am ahead
2: I am behind

I believe if 1 &lt; 2 then my move is -ev. (But if I show more strength at the 3 bet, I have a problem to believe it's not worse.)

12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
PF bet looks ok,
Flop bet looks okay.
The reraise certainly has let yoiu know where yoiu are at &amp; is okay . fold.
Another option after the reraise is to just call it ,and see the next card. If an A hits, your future is brighter. If an A does not hit, check and fold, unless this guy is a fish with top pair who thinks you have AK. What is your read? If he is solid, he is unlikely tohave played trips like that. Not subtle enough.

4_2_it
12-14-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another option after the reraise is to just call it ,and see the next card. If an A hits, your future is brighter. If an A does not hit, check and fold, unless this guy is a fish with top pair who thinks you have AK. What is your read? If he is solid, he is unlikely tohave played trips like that. Not subtle enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not getting immediate or implied odds to fish for an A here. If you think only an A can win this hand for you then you should fold to the flop raise. Calling with the intent to check fold is spewing.

c_strong
12-14-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reraise certainly has let yoiu know where yoiu are at &amp; is okay . fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that the mini-reraise hasn't let you know where you're at. It shows weakness and a flush draw is likely to think he has enough fold equity to push here. (Admittedly hero has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif so a flush draw is less likely, but there are plenty of flush draw + gutshot possibilities.)

To pick up on one of OP's reasons for the mini-raise, one of the side benefits for raising to $15 is that you *will* be pot-committed and can't be conned into making the wrong decision, as you may be with the mini-raise. The main benefits are to raise for value and to protect your hand.