PDA

View Full Version : overall problem in mediocre holdings (post flop)

12-14-2005, 07:24 AM
lets say hero is MP with JJ, and he chooses to raise 4x BB. Villain is a typical 100nl player, roughly 27/6. He calls behind, and the flop comes Q 7 3 rainbow with us HU. Hero bets 2/3rd pot and gets called. Should Hero bet out again? I am not opposed to checking, but 90% of 100nl players will bet in this situation, whether they're on a draw or with any pair? It's tough without any particular read as to tendencies post flop.

Will Villain call with under pair to wait for weakness? Is a check / fold viable when a 1/2 pot sized bet is thrown out there? A 2/3rds pot sized bet seems foldable for sure, but both situations still feel like I could be getting played. It's what happens 90% of the time when a check comes on the turn in this situation.

I guess the real question is, is there a better line to take on this situation. I feel A check / call on the flop is terrible considering the strength i proposed preflop.

PoBoy321
12-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Sometimes I throw out a 2nd barrel, sometimes I don't. It depends on a read and thhe turn card.

c_strong
12-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Obviously it's quite read-dependent, but FWIW I've been consciously trying to fire the second barrel more often in this sort of spot, with decent results. Assuming you c-bet most of the time on the flop, most players don't believe you and will call a flop bet with anything reasonable. The second barrel often convinces them that you're serious.

PinkSteel
12-14-2005, 09:31 AM
You should mix in occasional checkraises, to temper your opponents' aggression when you check.