PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to buy SNGPT

aLOWdAkING
12-14-2005, 07:05 AM
So, I keep hearing how this program is the best thing since sliced bread. Why should I buy it? Is it easy to use? Can I just import HH's and it will tell me all the areas I did well/poorly in?

Thanks!

SammyKid11
12-14-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Convince me to buy SNGPT

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You'll be my opponent one day, and I'd rather you not have it.

bennies
12-14-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Convince me to buy SNGPT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EnderFFX
12-14-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Convince me to buy SNGPT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

12-14-2005, 07:52 AM
download the demo and see for yourself

Freudian
12-14-2005, 08:19 AM
It is only as good as your ability to put people on pushing/calling ranges. Garbage in/garbage out.

A SNGPT that used your PT database to calculate peoples ranges in real time would be the best thing since sliced bread. But it would also be cheating and earn you a very special place in hell. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IdiotVig
12-14-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should I buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as always, it depends. If you:

Enjoy understanding how you can fix leaks.
Realize studying can improve your game.
Put in time and effort towards becoming a better player.
Like money.

Then SNGPT is for you.

If you:

Already think you're God's gift to SNGs.
Hate quantifying the endgame.
Think studying is for punks.
pwn everyone.
Hate money.

You're better off stuffing the bills in some holiday scrippas' gay apparel.

[/ho ho ho]

splashpot
12-14-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should I buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you understand what ICM is? Do you want to preform those calculations effortlessly? If you don't know what ICM is, you should learn it first. Then you will actually know what calculations SNGPT is doing and you will better understand the results.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it easy to use? Can I just import HH's and it will tell me all the areas I did well/poorly in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

valenzuela
12-14-2005, 12:18 PM
lets suppose that u play 55 dollars SNG, with this program ure roi improves 1%( seems kinda right to me..), that way after 140 SNGS you have ure money back.

12-14-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why should I buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as always, it depends. If you:

Enjoy understanding how you can fix leaks.
Realize studying can improve your game.
Put in time and effort towards becoming a better player.
Like money.

Then SNGPT is for you.

If you:

Already think you're God's gift to SNGs.
Hate quantifying the endgame.
Think studying is for punks.
pwn everyone.
Hate money.

You're better off stuffing the bills in some holiday scrippas' gay apparel.

[/ho ho ho]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Someone wanna buy my sngpt? Good as new. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And valenzuela, you really think your ROI would only improve 1% if you buy SNGPT? All respected posters on this forum agree that if you have a good endgame (good pushbotting), you can beat pretty much any level. Even if you play extremely tight early. It's a lot more than 1% I'd say.

valenzuela
12-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Donk, buying a program wont make u a winning player, u actually need to learn how to use it. I made up that number out of nowehere, after all the point of this thread is to convince the OP to buy the thing.

12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
The one part that bothers me is the ability to quantify opponents calling ranges on the endgame? This range becomes very difficult to quantify by the time the blinds hit cazillion/megacazillion that placing people on calling ranges has such a huge variance I would have a difficult believing the output when you are only seeing minute +EV percentages. I realize that so many utilize it that it must have merit and I am giving it a shot, but is it the tool or the players using it have such a good understanding of the game already that tool is merely a placebo?

roundest
12-14-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The one part that bothers me is the ability to quantify opponents calling ranges on the endgame? This range becomes very difficult to quantify by the time the blinds hit cazillion/megacazillion that placing people on calling ranges has such a huge variance I would have a difficult believing the output when you are only seeing minute +EV percentages. I realize that so many utilize it that it must have merit and I am giving it a shot, but is it the tool or the players using it have such a good understanding of the game already that tool is merely a placebo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you knew an opponent's push and call ranges, would you know exactly what hands are +EV against that range off the top of your head after taking into account position, chipstacks, blinds, and number of players left? If you didn't know ICM, you would be guessing 90% of the time. If you didn't have SNGPT, you would be doing ICM longhand to find out.

Whenever I'm going over hands, I punch in what I believe to be an accurate range first and then I test several other ranges as well anyways. Try to get a feel for how different hands play versus different opponents and then apply your knowledge at the tables.

Insty
12-14-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should I buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because eastbay is a nice guy and giving him your money is the second best thing you could do with it.

12-14-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it easy to use? Can I just import HH's and it will tell me all the areas I did well/poorly in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
My version is missing this feature.