PDA

View Full Version : OK lets talk salvia.

send_the_msg
12-14-2005, 06:19 AM
I got some today (leaves), smashed it up, put on top of some pot, and had like 8 bowls. i suppose i should check erowid cause i wasn't sure what was supposed to happen. some things felt different but it was weird. anybody have some pointers for future reference?

Jeebus
12-14-2005, 06:28 AM
use a butane lighter. I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this from before. Make sure you take a bong hit. You develop a temporary tolerance within 20 seconds (or less) of inhaling the stuff so you can't get a stronger high with more hits, you need one big hit. Also, don't smoke on top of weed. Put it in a bowl by itself, fire it up with the butane, and take a monster hit. You'll feel it

tonypaladino
12-14-2005, 06:30 AM
I totally thought the title said saliva, and I was so confuesed.

theweatherman
12-14-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I was like 'why would you put saliva in a bowl?'

send_the_msg
12-14-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
use a butane lighter. I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this from before. Make sure you take a bong hit. You develop a temporary tolerance within 20 seconds (or less) of inhaling the stuff so you can't get a stronger high with more hits, you need one big hit. Also, don't smoke on top of weed. Put it in a bowl by itself, fire it up with the butane, and take a monster hit. You'll feel it

[/ QUOTE ]

this will be my game plan next time. (although i did use a bong, so at least i got that part right).

BCPVP
12-14-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. First I thought about the band Saliva then I saw it was lowercased so I thought it was somehow related to the DP/ass eating threads. And then I was very confused about the leaves and bowls. Tricky OP...

xadrez
12-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Most importantly, keep the flame lit and deep in the bowl of salvia the entire time youre hitting it. You should only move the lighter when it falls out of your hand because you just lost all reality constructs.

I love salvia yet Im scared to do it again.

krimson
12-14-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got some today (leaves), smashed it up, put on top of some pot, and had like 8 bowls. i suppose i should check erowid cause i wasn't sure what was supposed to happen. some things felt different but it was weird. anybody have some pointers for future reference?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're just smoking the actual leaves, you need to smoke A LOT of it to get high. Even then, your lungs will burn out before you get a full high off it.

Lots of places sell extracts and you can get it @ 8x concentration. With this kind of stuff, you only need 3 or 4 deep hoots and you can say bye bye to reality.

Jeebus
12-14-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most importantly, keep the flame lit and deep in the bowl of salvia the entire time youre hitting it. You should only move the lighter when it falls out of your hand because you just lost all reality constructs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started out with the 15X extract. Three times was enough for me. One time to get really really [censored] up, one time to see if it was really like that, and one time to go wit it.

Wu36
12-14-2005, 02:39 PM
The first time I ever smoked anything I tried 20x extract out of a bubbler. It took me a minute to take a big hit, but immediately after I crouched over coughing. As my head came back the world basically went to [censored] before my eyes. It was a worthwhile experience, but it bugged me out for the rest of the day.

12-14-2005, 03:07 PM
My experience with salvia in my 'How much do you smoke?' (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4164141) thread.

I noticed some people mentioning the potency of the salvia they smoked. When I bought the stuff at the head shop, I bought the 5x and either the 10x or 15x, and smoked whichever was the stronger one.

Also, the technique of smoking it has been described pretty accurately in this thread and was exactly how I did it: torch lighter, in a bong, took a huge rip, held it in.

[ QUOTE ]
You should only move the lighter when it falls out of your hand because you just lost all reality constructs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened to me, see my thread.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way, I had the rest of the stuff we didn't smoke sitting around for over a year before I just gave it to some kid telling him it was weed. Never followed up on that.

[ QUOTE ]
It was a worthwhile experience, but it bugged me out for the rest of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still bugged out by it. This stuff completely changed my outlook on life. I've heard that it's used by tribes to see god or something. How is this stuff legal?

asofel
12-14-2005, 03:30 PM
there's a video of a guy smoking it on one of those challenge sites....king something....he definitely seems messed up but the way you describe it sounds much more intense...

Dudd
12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.makemeking.com/home/dares/79/Salvia_Smoke.html

Pretty funny, love when he rotates the camera to show us something, then realizes that we won't be able to see it.

wdeadwyler
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I did Salvia in a dorm bathroom. We used Butane and a bubbler. I took a big hit and it felt like waves were coursing through my head. I couldnt stop laughing. I stood up, still laughing, walked into the next room and lied on a bed. Some guy threw some big headphones on me and I curled into the phoetal position listening to some intense trance music. Blew my [censored] mind.

Larimani
12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
A few tips:

- Get STANDARDISED extract. 5x is more than enough if it's standardised. 10x is pretty hardcore. 20x is for nutters.

- Be safe. Please read about the drug on Erowid before you decide to try it. This is not your average party drug & you have to be in the right frame a mind when you take it. Also be sure there is someone you trust with you, just to make sure that you don't hurt yourself.

For people who have never tried psychoactive drugs, this is DEFINITLY NOT the one to start with!... Try mushrooms or something to see if you like the vibe and to get familiar with the experience. Although I must say the salvia experience is very different from the mushroom one.

Enjoy!

send_the_msg
12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For people who have never tried psychoactive drugs, this is DEFINITLY NOT the one to start with!... Try mushrooms or something to see if you like the vibe and to get familiar with the experience. Although I must say the salvia experience is very different from the mushroom one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shroomed before, and i spoke with a friend that has had 13x extract and he said that it was MUCH more chaotic than shrooms. he said he wouldn't do it again, so maybe this is a drug best left alone.

KDawgCometh
12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I've done it before. It sucked. I don't know if the batch was weak or what, but, the "high" was obscenely short and it didn't get me as [censored] up as I was told it would. Thank god I didn't pay for it

Larimani
12-14-2005, 07:50 PM
I've done it a few times (20x standardised) and it's pretty hardcore. You lose all sense of reality. But it's not only visual.it's conceptual. You lose the concept of the self...It's a pretty scary experience. I guess you get a glimpse of what it must be like to completely crazy/schizophenic.

Larimani
12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've done it before. It sucked. I don't know if the batch was weak or what, but, the "high" was obscenely short and it didn't get me as [censored] up as I was told it would. Thank god I didn't pay for it

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's not standardised it won't work. If you smoke it in a spliff it won't work. Put 0.2g of it in a pipe and smoke it... and you'll be off your head.

Edit: I've tried non-standardised myself and it didn't work at all.

Larimani
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
i think what makes it very different from mushrooms is that as soon as you take a hit you just forget everything... i mean you forget where you at, you forget who you are, you even forget you've just hit a bong of salvia. So whatever happens to you during that time becomes reality. Thanks god it only lasts a couple of minutes.

12-14-2005, 08:11 PM
We should make someone kill a whole bowl of 20x out of a ROOR for the Crimson Challenge. I'd pay to see that

lighterjobs
12-14-2005, 09:08 PM
my friend went schizophrenic smoking that stuff.

be careful.

Duffman
12-15-2005, 01:29 AM
If it's legal is there anywhere I can get it in NYC? I really want to try it now.

Evan
12-15-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I read the title right and I was hoping it was about my 9th grade Bio teacher, Mr. Salvia.

edtost
12-15-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I read the title right and I was hoping it was about my 9th grade Bio teacher, Mr. Salvia.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was kinda hoping it was about his daughter, who's pretty hot.

Evan
12-15-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was kinda hoping it was about his daughter, who's pretty hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
challa!

KDawgCometh
12-15-2005, 03:28 AM
wow, ed, I didn't recognize the new avatar. More drunken posting by moi will commence /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Any of you guys get this stuff online? If so where? All these sites look shady..

chuddo
12-15-2005, 03:52 AM
i have never heard of this drug before until this thread.

two of my friends who know more about drugs than myself had never heard of it.

i just read a bunch of information up on it and it sounds ridiculously crazy.

someone post a trip report, or crimson challenge of the stuff.

KDawgCometh
12-15-2005, 03:59 AM
its really not worth a crimson challenge, and the high doesn't last all that long. If you get the real deal, you can get a sort of intense kind of trip for 15 minutes. I thnk part of the reason for me not being impressed was, why would I smoke this when I can just eat some shrooms or acid and have a longer and better trip

irishpint
12-15-2005, 04:06 AM
ive done it a couple times and never noticed anything more than a headrush. how can this stuff be so dangerous/crazy if you can just buy it in a mall? weird.

Larimani
12-15-2005, 06:08 AM
because no-one knows about it and people don't tend to abuse it. It's not addictive either. But don't worry it will be illegal soon, now that a lot of youth are starting to find out about it. Danemark has already made illegal, other countries will follow.

vexvelour
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
It's pretty lame if you ask me. I tried it a total of 5 times because I was not impressed with "feeling weird" or "sort of seeing things". I believe we had the 20x, and at best it made me feel incredibly stoned for approximately 5 minutes. It's way too expensive for what it offers.

xadrez
12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty lame if you ask me. I tried it a total of 5 times because I was not impressed with "feeling weird" or "sort of seeing things". I believe we had the 20x, and at best it made me feel incredibly stoned for approximately 5 minutes. It's way too expensive for what it offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You werent doing something right then, maybe youre a "hardhead". A friend of mine couldnt get off and would say the same thing you just did, but when he did finally get off on it he was totally flabbergasted. When this stuff hits you, you are gone.

The best thing I ever experienced on it was something like this...

I lost all sense of my body and became a vibration coursing through an empty void. The void slowly morphed into this crazy-looking, gigantic, neon scarecrow guy and I (the vibration, remember), realized that I was emanating from within him.

Slowly I realized that the vibration was my heart, then i remembered i had a heart. Then I woke up groggy at the other side of my apt., on the floor (I was sitting on my bed when I went out).

Larimani
12-15-2005, 08:05 PM
yup. xasdrez' description is quite similar to the kind of [censored] up [censored] I experienced... Anyone who says it didn't do anything for them, please try STANDARDISED salvia extract. The non-standardised stuff is a scam. And then come and post a trip report.

Klepton
12-15-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my friend went schizophrenic smoking that stuff.

be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

end of thread

Larimani
12-15-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

end of thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I didn't mean to actually promote this stuff.
Kids don't do it.

TalkToFrank (http://talktofrank.com/)

12-15-2005, 09:46 PM
You need to take deep harsh hits.

Use peppermint schnops instead of bong water to help ease the pain on your throat.