PDA

View Full Version : NL 100 - AQo flops TPTK

12-14-2005, 02:50 AM
This is NL 100 on Prima so the converter won't work.
Villain is 30/6. Seems semi-loose preflop, playing alot of suited connectors but can handle himself after the flop. The only hand he has shown down is limping UTG with 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and checking down with the blinds.
I'm 23/7 when this hand comes up. I haven't shown down anything, just stole the blinds.

NL 100 6 max
Hero (UTG+1)- 97
Villain (CO)- 89

Preflop - 1 limp, Hero raises to 5 with A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Villain calls 5, 2 folds, limper calls 4

Flop (pot 16.5) - Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Limper checks, Hero bets 14, Villain calls 14, limper folds

Turn (pot 44.50) - 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero checks, Villain bets 14, Hero calls 14

River (pot 72.5)- 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero checks, Villain bets 28, Hero calls 28

I feel like this is a terrible line. I thought it was way ahead/way behind because I didn't think KT or T9 would call preflop and possibly not the flop either. Should I lead the turn and fold to a raise? I felt like I was getting value bet by a set, but didn't want to fold with those odds. Flop bet should be around pot?
Thanks for the help.

-Skeme-
12-14-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WA/WB situation

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

12-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Really? Aren't I way ahead of KQ, QT, Qx, but way behind of JJ, 77, QJ, etc? I don't think he would play KT or T9 to preflop raise.
Or do I really not know what WA/WB means.

scrapperdog
12-14-2005, 03:05 AM
He could be calling with something like K-10 of hearts which would give him an overcard, open end strait draw, and backdoor flush. That means the hand might be close. I ran it in pokerstove and a-q is a 59% favorite to win which means k-10 hearts wins more than 4 out of 10 times, thus this is not always a wa/wb situation.

Edit... o0ps I see you ruled out K-10 I read the semi-loose first part and missed the bottom.

12-14-2005, 03:12 AM
I know KT would be close, but villain seemed pretty tight in raised pots, so I didn't think that was in his range.

Well, now that we have established that its not a WA/WB, could anyone give me advice on how to play the hand?

wyrd
12-14-2005, 03:26 AM
I'd personally lead the turn with another sizable bet, pretty close to the size of the pot, expecting to take it down.

I think one good rule of thumb that I read somewhere is, if you're going to call, you should bet out. This way you at least show strength, putting your opponent on the decision and not you. If he flopped a monster he'll let you know with a raise. If he calls again then that'd be a cause of concern as well. But at least this way we get information, rather than blindly checking and calling down.

-Skeme-
12-14-2005, 03:41 AM
http://www.nccev.org/images/child-drawing.jpg