PDA

View Full Version : Need some hands critiqued *DELETED*

Buck72
07-18-2003, 11:46 AM
A few hands from last night .50/1 at Party. What do you think? I am a new player (6 weeks).

Hand #1
Dealt A /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in the SB
5 limpers to me, I complete and BB checks.

Flop : 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
I check. Checked around to LP who bets, I call with two others. 4 to the turn.

Turn: 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
I bet out. Folded to LP who raises. I 3 bet and he caps. 2 to the river.

River: A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
I bet. LP raises, I 3 bet and he caps.

He shows 99 for the better house.

Hand #2
On the button with Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif
2 limpers, I limp, SB completes, BB checks. 5 for the flop.

Flop: 8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
Blinds check, MP bets, LP calls, I raise.
Blinds call, MP 3 bets, LP calls, I cap.
Blinds call, MP calls, LP folds

Turn: 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Checked to me. I check (ugh).

River: 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Checked to me. I bet. Blinds fold, MP calls.

My hand is good. MP had Q9 spades.

Hand #3
In the BB with 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
2 limpers, SB completes I check. 4 to the flop

Flop: T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
SB checks, I bet, EP calls, LP raises, all call.

Turn: 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Checked to LP who bets, SB calls, I call, EP folds

River 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
SB folds, I bet, LP calls

I win. LP had A6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Thankyou.

SoBeDude
07-18-2003, 11:53 AM
hand 1. you played fine. them's the breaks.

hand 2. Why cap the flop with top pair, jack kicker? And you missed a bet on the turn when checked to you.

hand 3. seems you lose to a full house there, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me again.

-Scott

Buck72
07-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I meant to put A6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif for his hand. Then somehow I messed up editing it. Thanks.

Barry
07-18-2003, 12:57 PM
Hand 1

I like your turn bet and 3 bet. When an overcard falls on the turn, it would be too risky to go for a checkraise here. However, when LP caps the turn, he's telling you that you're trip 2's are no good. Assuming a normal player, that means he has 88 or 99.

So on the river, although you have improved you're still losing. But it's heads up, check call the river.

Hand 2

At first, I didn't like your capping the flop, but I think that it was a decent play; probably better than calling as it gave you the opportunity to see how strong MP's hand is and to decide whether you wanted to take a free card. I also love the fact that the blinds are cold calling all the way.

I think that the turn check is OK, unless you're prepared to lay your hand down to a checkraise.

When he checks the river, you know your hand is good, so value bet it.

Hand 3

I think that the flop bet with 2nd pair against 4 probably very loose players is questionable, but not awful.

The rest of the hand is fine.