PDA

View Full Version : live vegas 3/6, KK vs. 4 limpers???

12-14-2005, 02:17 AM
just wanted to see if i could get some alternative lines here.

was actually a tougher table then i'm used to at a live 3/6 was at the Aladdin Monday morning at 10a.m. and there were quite a few locals...

reads on players at this point:
utg= really only donk at the table, limped with any 2 suited from practically any position or any k/A from any position
utg+1= solid player, usually being laid odds if he chases nothing too eye catching
co= solid/aggressive
button= fairly loose preflop/aggressive post flop

hero is in big blind with k /images/graemlins/spade.gif, k /images/graemlins/club.gif

preflop: utg calls, utg+1 calls, 3 folds, co calls, button calls, sb folds, hero checks???
(5 small bets)
flop: k /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero bets, utg calls, utg+1 calls, co folds, button calls
(4.5 big bets)
turn come: J /images/graemlins/club.gif
hero bets, utg calls, utg+1 raises, button folds, hero reraises, utg folds, utg+1 calls
(11.5 big bets)
river comes: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
hero bets, utg+1 reraises, hero calls

final pot: 15.5 big bets

utg+1 turns over 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif , 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero cries

was a pretty brutal run i was on up to this point and this kinda capped the morning off for me...

any thoughts on better actions i could've taken... i flat called preflop because i didn't want to warrant calls like this by building a huge pot... maybe on flop? check hoping someone bet around back and then checkraise sending it back around for two??? seemed way too fancy at the time...

imported_smoove
12-14-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i flat called preflop because i didn't want to warrant calls like this by building a huge pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You already know everyone here is going to beat you silly for not raising preflop.

12-14-2005, 02:31 AM
yes yes i do... lol

newhizzle
12-14-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hero is in big blind with k , k

preflop: utg calls, utg+1 calls, 3 folds, co calls, button calls, sb folds, hero checks???

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very very bad

i understand what you are saying about keeping the pot small to avoid people drawing out correctly, but your equity edge is too [censored] huge here to give it up, with a hand like AJo i like a check for the reasons you stated, but checking KK is giving up WAY too much

edit: i think postflop is fine

12-14-2005, 02:36 AM
thanks for the input... i thought the play was very very bad myself, like i said i was on an awful run (just plain cardwise, not too many dumb maneuvers prior to this one)

but looking past my horrendous check, betting out right here or go for the check raise given the two post flop aggressives in co and button?

newhizzle
12-14-2005, 02:38 AM
i like just betting out, id play everything postflop exactly the same

W. Deranged
12-14-2005, 02:49 AM
In general, I think in at least 90% of situations where you hit a strong hand on the flop in early position in an unraised, multiway pot it is far better to bet out than to check-raise.

That is very much the case here.

Other than letting your IQ drop to 8 for half a second and not raising pre-flop, you played the hand perfectly.

12-14-2005, 03:02 AM
lmao, you know an iq of 70 is considered mentally retarded right??

i would like to thank 2+2 forum for making sure i never again limp/check with premium pairs, despite how bad of a run i'm on, or how small of a pot i want to play w/ several limpers...

W. Deranged
12-14-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lmao, you know an iq of 70 is considered mentally retarded right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed... my selection of 8 should therefore give some sense of how stupid I think not raising KK pre-flop is... ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-14-2005, 05:44 AM
Raise pf. You have a big edge. Don't cry. Say "nice hand" and focus on playing solid poker.

ajm36
12-14-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i flat called preflop because i didn't want to warrant calls like this by building a huge pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this strategy was ineffective as he called with the big 5.25 outer anyway. You should raise this PF.

12-14-2005, 08:30 AM
why does everyone like the 3 bet on the turn. you are oop so it won't buy you a free showdown. if villain has a pair, do you think he raises here vs the previous aggression hero has shown. I would prefer to call here and bet/fold the river.

McGahee
12-14-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone like the 3 bet on the turn. you are oop so it won't buy you a free showdown. if villain has a pair, do you think he raises here vs the previous aggression hero has shown. I would prefer to call here and bet/fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The turn 3-bet is because we ususally have the best hand, and when we don't we have redraws to a boat.
Who cares that we're OOP - why would you ever raise the turn for a free showdown with top set?

damaniac
12-14-2005, 11:53 AM
What previous aggression? He didn't raise preflop, he just bet the flop and then the turn. He raised that. Could be a lot of things, two pair, top pair, etc.