PDA

View Full Version : ($22) TT as overcards

12-14-2005, 01:51 AM
I need to lead this turn, correct? With how much? Is this an auto-push? For some reason I was scared of that 6.
No read on villian.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t785)
BB (t745)
UTG (t800)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t925)</font>
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t260)
MP3 (t1505)
CO (t760)
<font color="#C00000">Button (t620)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t57.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, Button calls t150, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (t402.50) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)
Hero...

</font>
Results: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
Button has Jc 8s (two pair, eights and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t802.50. </font>

RobGW
12-14-2005, 02:12 AM
So you think button calls a bet and a raise with a 6? You likely still have the lead here but a lot of cards could beat you. The pot is big. I think a bet is in order. I'd probably make it big too. You dont want to give him implied odds to call.

12-14-2005, 02:41 AM
I don't think anyone with a lone six would've called your raise on the flop. So six-wise the only monster is pocket 6's I guess. Maybe he had two pair on the flop. But it doesn't feel like you're suddenly behind on the turn.

12-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Does anybody raise this preflop?

I make it 300 on the turn, just under pot size.

12-14-2005, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't raise this pre-flop, 10-handed OOP, but maybe that's stupid /images/graemlins/wink.gif

12-14-2005, 02:58 AM
I'd raise pre-flop, but I'm guessing that many would disagree with me. Flop is good, I push the turn.

Will

SammyKid11
12-14-2005, 04:32 AM
I also raise this preflop. Here's why:
1) TT is the fifth best starting hand HU. There's value in the raise.
2) TT is too likely to be an overpair to the board to play it merely for set value.
3) To play TT for overpair value, IMO, demands that you raise preflop to thin the herd (you certainly don't wanna play your TT overpair against 4-5 limpers who will often have you beat even when the board looks friendly to your tens).

However, I am interested to hear how others play TT from EP.

12-14-2005, 05:17 AM
I usually limp TT from EP for set value or to win a small pot when I flop unders. It's just too much of a nightmare when you have to play a big pot out of position early when the flop has an over more than half the time. Plus, a reraise makes me sick as I don't want to race early. JJ I usually raise EP, but 10s and lower I usually limp. When the blinds get higher -- 50/100 or 100/200 -- I am raising 10s from any position and I don't hate getting it in against most opponents.

12-14-2005, 07:01 AM
I agree with notmyusername. I too do raise JJ in EP, but maybe that's because that are two pretty facecards...

SammyKid11
12-14-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually limp TT from EP for set value or to win a small pot when I flop unders. It's just too much of a nightmare when you have to play a big pot out of position early when the flop has an over more than half the time. Plus, a reraise makes me sick as I don't want to race early. JJ I usually raise EP, but 10s and lower I usually limp. When the blinds get higher -- 50/100 or 100/200 -- I am raising 10s from any position and I don't hate getting it in against most opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah - I make the same distinction, but I make them one rank lower than you do. I raise AA-TT, limp 99-88, and fold 77-22 from EP in the early game. TT is just barely valuable enough for me to want to play it (fairly) aggressively. Sure, if I face a huge reraise and no overlay, I throw it away. But add in the times that I pick up the blinds with the one raise, the value in all the worse hands calling my raise, the deception I add into my early game raises, and the times that I get called PF but folded to on the flop even when it comes A or K high...and I think it more than makes up for the times that I have to throw it away preflop and the times I get just called by JJ (as QQ-AA most often reraise) AND flop the 2nd best overpair that gets me in real trouble.

12-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I've been going back-and-forth between Sammy's and notmyusername's line with TT in early position and early in the game. Depending on the game and my mood at the time, I might even play JJ in early position like this based on a lot of discussion here on STTF. When I first heard people were limping with JJ, I thought it was a joke /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I guarantee you I would not limp with JJ or TT two levels from now.

As for the turn, I was wondering if a push is too much, or because it is a 6, don't push into a potentially made hand and lead with 3/4 pot or so. On the turn villian is left with ~450 and the pot is ~400. Do you "entice" a call by leaving him with half his stack, or just push it all in?

Marc H
12-14-2005, 11:44 AM
What SammyKid11 said. Raise preflop.

I think you're up against an OESD, a paired 8, or both. Maybe 99 or 77 (or the nightmare, a set).

I'd say bet half his stack on the turn, but if you know you're calling if he pushes, then just push first.