PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't TNT's Open Championship coverage live?

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Just wondering. Tiger is 2 back tied for third through 7 holes and on TV he hasn't even teed off yet. Frustrating.

Seriously, what possible excuse could they have for this nonsense?

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Now he's one back of Davis Love, tied for 2nd. Yet I can't watch it live. WTF???

Vehn
07-18-2003, 11:30 AM
I think they're probably shooting for a different demographic than the people who are able to sit around and watch golf at 10 in the morning on a Friday.

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 11:32 AM
"I think they're probably shooting for a different demographic than the people who are able to sit around and watch golf at 10 in the morning on a Friday."

Right, would that be the demographic that doesn't want to watch Tiger?

John Cole
07-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Clark,

Check the Open real time leader board; it is live.

John Cole
07-18-2003, 11:34 AM
I think?

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 11:38 AM
"Check the Open real time leader board; it is live."

Yeah, that's where I'm getting my info about the current leaderboard. Thanks.

HDPM
07-18-2003, 12:39 PM
TNT coverage was live in my area when I left today. Tiger was on 3 or 4. Maybe it is Pacific time zone that is the problem or the cable provider. But unfortunately I had to show up at work so I can't watch. Still can post here tho. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

P.S. Sometimes the BBC feed will drive you nuts. Oh, tiger is putting for eagle. Let's show the lady pushing a stroller with a screaming kid in it, that's a quaint English scene.

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Putting for eagle on 14?

What happened to cause him to double on 12?

HDPM
07-18-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't know, I'm not watching.

My comment on tiger putting for eagle in my post was just rhetorical. It seems like the bbc shows stupid stuff. Yesterday I had only a minute to watch and was trying to get scores or see something. They showed Monte riding in a cart for like two minutes. Come on. I am an American and have no patience or attention span. I need constant action. I need to see golf, leaderboards, etc.... Not interminable gallery shots.

And I won't get to watch today. I have to go to this party my wife's firm is having and drink and play golf and stuff. It will be horrible.

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 01:15 PM
But who's watching the puppy? Seems like you may need to bow out of the party to puppy-sit. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

HDPM
07-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Nah, just got home. Puppy was a sorry ass stressed out pup, but he's OK. He can really talk when he wants. Might have to get a kid next door to come play with him when we'll be gone for a while.

P.S. Golf was real torture. It was hot and the beer cart missed us on a couple of holes. The scenery down in the canyon was OK. Dinner down by the Snake River with more beer was OK. I think I would have rather been sitting in the office. Or not.:D