PDA

View Full Version : (OT) Play better... when Tipsy?

SeaSiren
12-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Interesting... it appears that a little holiday cheer seemed to totally help my game!! After a couple of bottles of nice wine with friends and a little too much amaretto after, (fun night - fortunately I could walk home - not drive!) I decided to play a few 20s... I knew I was absolutley too tipsy to be playing anything but my TV remote... but SNG's are what I did. And much to my surprise my usual 'tight - passive' ways became quite loose & agressive... and successful!! This phenomenom has likely has been addressed before... but has anyone else experienced playing ahhh 'better' with (more than) a few beverages???? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

HoldingFolding
12-14-2005, 01:45 AM
I think this has been covered. I've found I'm most successful in $1mGTD sats fairly hammered, presumably because you have to finish first and that means being more aggressive than you would be in a straightforward SnG.

durron597
12-14-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting... it appears that a little holiday cheer seemed to totally help my game!! After a couple of bottles of nice wine with friends and a little too much amaretto after, (fun night - fortunately I could walk home - not drive!) I decided to play a few 20s... I knew I was absolutley too tipsy to be playing anything but my TV remote... but SNG's are what I did. And much to my surprise my usual 'tight - passive' ways became quite loose & agressive... and successful!! This phenomenom has likely has been addressed before... but has anyone else experienced playing ahhh 'better' with (more than) a few beverages???? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes ma'am, buzzed is the ideal state to play poker

skipperbob
12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
ADVICE FOR DRUNKEN WOMEN: /images/graemlins/smile.gifTry a Little bit of the Dreaded Skip ON before bed /images/graemlins/laugh.gif