PDA

View Full Version : is this play normal at really small limits?

fireman664
07-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Let me first start out by saying I am fairly new to poker (less than a year) but have been having some good success mainly at $3-6 and some $5-10. I made the (huge) mistake of cashing out my entire bankroll that I had built from an initial $20 to take the family on vacation. Now I cant even win a session at $.50-$1. Very frustraited.....and here is the last hand to completely bust me.
Im on the button w/ AA
Utg folds UTG+1 raises, everyone folds to me, and I re-raise. Blinds fold and he calls.
flop= 2K5 rainbow
He bets, I raise, he re-raises, I call (possible KK?)
turn=Q
He bets, raise, raise, cap. (he is a maniac, and I'm short stacked, and He will play and raise ANY A)
river= 7 (no flush)
I end up all in. (worried about KK or 22 or 55 /forums/images/icons/confused.gif )

He shows 2-7o for 2 pair, and to bust my AA for the 5th time, and take my last penny.
I've been making $1000 a month at 3-6...now I cant beat a .50-1 game. Should I quit? (Im on tilt now...but broke of course, so its a cheap tilt) /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Clarkmeister
07-18-2003, 11:16 AM
" I made the (huge) mistake of cashing out my entire bankroll that I had built from an initial $20 to take the family on vacation."

Taking your family on vacation is never a huge mistake. The poker tables will always be there. Take a brief break and jump back in after a few weeks have passed.

fireman664
07-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh yea...the best part. I asked the Jack how he could raise with 2-7o before the flop (the worst possible hand). His response was "its called a position raise dumbass...you know, raising cause I am in the best position (he was UTG+1). LOL

ECondreras
07-18-2003, 11:39 AM
This is a must for the bad beat website - no questions asked.

Nottom
07-18-2003, 02:56 PM
No this isn't normal ... in most games he would have had at least 6 callers preflop.