PDA

View Full Version : Here is a view

thomastem
07-18-2003, 11:09 AM
When you sit down at the poker table and you take in your opponents at the table what perceptions are important to you. To me the guy(s) that are all business and show no sense of humor get an immidiate flag.

Why? Because my first impression is that they are sharks and don't care to have fun they just want my money. Which is ok because I'm there to take there's as well.

The player(s) that don't get immidiately flagged, and are therefore much more dangerous to my pocket book, are the ones having a good time.

Why? Most of them are fish that don't depend or count on winning but a few are fox disguised as fish. These guys are dangerous because no one sees these guys they are watching out for the serious types. This is ok because I'm doing the same thing.

The fox can sneek up on you when you're not looking where the shark is just straightforward coming at you. In poker you have to be willing to change your opinion when a first impression fish makes plays like a fox.

Now to my point. I post humorous and serious entries into this forum. When I see bad beat crying, or negative conspiracy theories (The sites are cheating me) I insert some humor to try and counter the doom and gloom. One of these funnies has the title "Impotant". Now Jabba the "Huttz" and another guy are questioning whether I am a poker player or a pervert that goes from forum to forum.

The answer is that this is my first forum that I've ever posted to. As for Poker I play but I have no game. If you find yourself at my table I tell funny jokes and sometimes I get lucky and win. I will appologize to you when I do this and then I'll try to make you feel better.

In closing, all business and no play equals less profit.