PDA

View Full Version : Are *'s taking it too far?

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT, but let us not fool ourselves, 2+2 will and always be a poker forum.

As you browse the general poker forums you'll see posters (some good, some bad) with *'s in their name. I find it extremely moronic that posters who come to post on a poker forum are being banned and "given strikes" that can ban them from the whole of 2+2 because Astroglide thinks their "OOT" posts aren't funny enough.

I think the *'s are a good system and should be given to people who use offensive material and breaking the basic ToS...

NobodysFreak
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM

Eihli
12-14-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for proving my point...

mason55
12-14-2005, 12:29 AM
What I'm curious about is why people don't use the stars at the bottom of the thread to rate it instead of typing them in as replies. The rating thing at the bottom is way cooler.

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I'm curious about is why people don't use the stars at the bottom of the thread to rate it instead of typing them in as replies. The rating thing at the bottom is way cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

*'s are a strike system, people are given *'s because astroglide deems the posts not worthy. If someone gets 3 they are banned from all of 2+2.

12-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Try reading the Rules Of OOT.

mason55
12-14-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*'s are a strike system, people are given *'s because astroglide deems the posts not worthy. If someone gets 3 they are banned from all of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I thought the stars under people's names were for good posters like the ones at the bottom. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

James Boston
12-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Why do you care?

MonkeeMan
this is the life we have chosen.

NobodysFreak
You asked for it.

TheMainEvent
12-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Perhaps you could give us an example of a poster banned by astro who the majority of posters in his home forum consider to be a significant loss.

12-14-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was amazed to discover this existed. Then I busted up laughing when I noticed this post had 3 stars. Quality.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Rear Admiral Obvious. Im sure that mason needed this sort of clarification from you.

To address the "point" of your post, people can make a choice to not post in OOT. If you post in OOT, you follow the rules. If you don't you become a star.

[censored]
12-14-2005, 12:35 AM
The common misconception is that your opinion matters. It doesn't. If you don't like the rules of OOT the solution is to not post in OOT. By posting you agree to be governed by our rules, this works for 90% of the posters. The rest get banned.

Aloysius
12-14-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is the life we have chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahhaa.

BTW - As noted in the stickie, through hard work and persistence, one can un-star themselves. I look forward to many hot girl threads with pics in the near future.

Regards,
-Al

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

TheMainEvent
12-14-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would asking someone who has gotten 3 stars to refrain from posting on OOT again work. If they don't adhere to that rule, then you ban from them from the entire network?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you tell a woman with 3 black eyes?

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you tell a woman with 3 black eyes?

[/ QUOTE ]

to duck?

Dynasty
12-14-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that anybody who matters has this misconception.

Klepton
when i opened this thread, i seriously hoped the first 3 posts after it was

and

i was slightly dissappointed.

Woolygimp
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that anybody who matters has this misconception.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok it was a bad post...

[censored]
12-14-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, 3 *'s = banned from 2+2. So basically a person with 2 *'s would be wise to either A) not be a jack ass or B) not post in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

Voltron87
12-14-2005, 12:42 AM
I am still unhappy that I don't have a 2nd star but astro has me on "1 more strike status". So mods, i'd like the star that I've earned. anything else is just unfair and deceitful to the OOT community who sees my title.

NobodysFreak
12-14-2005, 12:44 AM
looking back that's really the only response required.

Eihli
12-14-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well based on the stickie at the top, Isn't it possible for someone to obtain 3 stars in a single reply/post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying it shouldn't be possible for someone to get banned in 1 post?

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 12:45 AM
Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

razor
12-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Woolygimp,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and why should we care about people that are capable of making a 3 * post?

12-14-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guy's stop bumping this post so it can dissapear before i get a *...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok

MyTurn2Raise
12-14-2005, 12:52 AM
it's a privately funded forum...we make an implicit agreement to abide by their rules for a chance to exchange discourse. If the site management wants the * system, I am willing to put up with it.

I think my star was kinda weak (my post was clearly directed at college students who don't care about the NSFW and it was tame NSFW at that), but am surprised I did not earn two for forgetting the NSFW tag and using OOT instead of the classifieds.

astroglide
12-14-2005, 12:54 AM
bump

kipin
12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
BIMP

tonypaladino
12-14-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

La Brujita
12-14-2005, 01:15 AM
I honestly don't understand why his opinion doesn't matter.

Being a moderator is not being the owner.

If Mason came and said what you said I would totally agree.

tonypaladino
12-14-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being a moderator is not being the owner.

If Mason came and said what you said I would totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look up "agent" in a business law dictionary

La Brujita
12-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Tony,

I would be willing to wager a rather large amount I know more about business law than you.

Voltron87
12-14-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tony,

I would be willing to wager a rather large amount I know more about anything than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

except entry level retail jobs

tonypaladino
12-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Brujita,

If you're willing to make that wager then I'm sure you do.
Relax.

Tony

kipin
12-14-2005, 01:20 AM
E-fight!

What's the line?

mmcd
12-14-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
E-fight!

What's the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the over/under of this thread at 2 *'s

La Brujita
12-14-2005, 01:26 AM
I didn't mean to be rude. I apologize. I was just trying to state a fact, I could have done it a bit more politely.

astroglide
12-14-2005, 01:28 AM
i don't think it deserves a *, it's fine to talk about such things. but i did update the rules to include a link to my feedback thread so that people won't start new ones if their questions generally relate to me.

asofel
12-14-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I thought the stars under people's names were for good posters like the ones at the bottom. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

[/ QUOTE ]

moran /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmcd
12-14-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think it deserves a *, it's fine to talk about such things. but i did update the rules to include a link to my feedback thread so that people won't start new ones if their questions generally relate to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I set my line according to all posts that have or will be made in the thread. As long as this thread stays near the top, I have little doubt that someone will post something that's over the line.

12-14-2005, 01:34 AM
I have been more circumspect with what I'm willing to post since I earned my "astro-isk", so it's working, if that is the goal.

kipin
12-14-2005, 01:43 AM
bamp

Woolygimp
12-14-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with your tolerance to this post, I am suspect that my original argument is flawed. When I made this post I expected to get a star for it, proving just how unjust the star system was. It appears i completely misjudged you, bravo.

wdeadwyler
12-14-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when i opened this thread, i seriously hoped the first 3 posts after it was

and

i was slightly dissappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar is slightly dissapointing. In fact it is the worst one on two plus two. Every time I see it I get very angry. Change it.

MonkeeMan
12-14-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I made this post I expected to get a star for it, proving just how unjust the star system was. It appears i completely misjudged you, bravo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was the mod, at this point I would meet your expectations.

Jack of Arcades
12-14-2005, 05:25 AM
I like the * system. I hate it when every post in the forum has somebody else calling for the OP to get a *.

tonypaladino
12-14-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the * system. I hate it when every post in the forum has somebody else calling for the OP to get a *.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vavavoom
12-14-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

henrikrh
12-14-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades
12-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, we're nothing if not creative.

adamstewart
12-19-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The common misconception on 2+2 is that it was built for OOT, but let us not fool ourselves, 2+2 will and always be a poker forum.

As you browse the general poker forums you'll see posters (some good, some bad) with *'s in their name. I find it extremely moronic that posters who come to post on a poker forum are being banned and "given strikes" that can ban them from the whole of 2+2 because Astroglide thinks their "OOT" posts aren't funny enough.

I think the *'s are a good system and should be given to people who use offensive material and breaking the basic ToS...

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with all of the above.

Quite frankly, this whole 'asterisk business' becoming a pathetic obsession for some.

I think OOT should remain as it was before, and those that belong to the 'moderating clique' can start a whole new Forum of their own - with all of its 5-7 members. They could even call it: The *** Forum.

Adam

Alobar
12-19-2005, 07:34 PM
who effing cares...you have a * under your name...so what??

people take internet message boards WAAAAAY to seriously

adamstewart
12-19-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who effing cares...you have a * under your name...so what??

people take internet message boards WAAAAAY to seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it.

Adam

NotInchoateHand1
12-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, given that I have no astericks, but a banned account, I think the "*"s are a good idea.