PDA

View Full Version : motley fool- good place to get info?

12-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Thinking about signing up there...is there a general consensus as to whether or not this is a good place to get stock tips etc.? If this is considered spam feel free to delete as I am in no way trying to spam..just looking for some info/opinions
Thanks
Z.P.

Peter666
12-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Awesome place to get info. But be warned, you will be spammed, sometimes with good articles but mostly advertisements. I do recommend getting a subscription to one of their advisor reports.

12-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Are their monthly stock recommendations usually spammish? I was thinking about using one of these to buy into in January as I am definitely the type of investor who wants to buy and hold. Looking at their past performance they seem to fare very well. Is there a specific advisor you would recommend I subscribe to?

Sniper
12-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Motley Fools material is generally pretty good... and I think a few people here regularly read their stuff.

Thestreet.com material (and their premium products) are also good!

Peter666
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Their subscriber stuff is mailed out material, and they also give you access to the same monthly report over the internet.

All their stuff is good, it just depends on what you want to do with your money. Are you looking for mutual funds?
Then get the mutual fund report. Are you looking for stocks in general? Then get their stock advisor (it's reported by the Gardner brothers and one looks for value stocks while the other looks for growth stocks). They have a hidden gems advisor which looks for small companies capable of huge growth.

I personally have the stock advisor. Every month they give you two picks, and there have been close to a hundred pics in total I believe since 2002. I take my favourites from these plus the odd stock from other sources that I put on my personal watchlist and invest when appropriate.

I think it cost me $200 for two years, but it paid off hugely for me. I prefer to let others work on the technical analysis and then I work from there. It makes life simpler.

AceHigh
12-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Do you have an opinion on IBD? (www.investors.com)

I often buy the Monday edition of the paper and I'm debating on whether to subscribe to the online edition.

Sniper
12-15-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have an opinion on IBD? (www.investors.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a long time IBD subscriber!... and highly recommend it!