PDA

View Full Version : Party $33 -- multi-tabling....does anyone else do this?

trojanFan
12-13-2005, 09:18 PM
New at multi-tabling....I'm comfortable with 4 at a time.

At 20 minutes into the set of 4....I open up 4 more new sng's but put them on "post blind/fold" - and put them in the background until I'm ready for them. I usually miss level 1 and 2 on them, join them with 700-725 chips in level 2 (late) or early level 3. I end up completing about 10-12 sng's per hour doing this.

Is this serious -EV?

Input is appreciated!

KingDan
12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
IMO it is worth learning how to play postflop, at some point.

A lot of people are wliling to give you their stack earlier.

I would reccomend cutting back a table or two, and just super autopilot level 1 and 2 (play AA,KK, QQ very fast, play sets fast etc)

12-13-2005, 09:31 PM
I hate to miss hands. Sure it's profitable, but there is no need to play with a handicap.

12-13-2005, 09:42 PM
I was about to offer valuable input... then I noticed your name. Go to hell, Trojie.

12-13-2005, 10:04 PM
spend $80 on an extra monitor so you can see all 8 tables, then its def + EV

12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO it is worth learning how to play postflop, at some point.

A lot of people are wliling to give you their stack earlier.

I would reccomend cutting back a table or two, and just super autopilot level 1 and 2 (play AA,KK, QQ very fast, play sets fast etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, but I would add AK real fast, just like AA, KK, and QQ. Basically, if you want to play the extra tables limp with pockets merely for set value (or overpairs if 88-JJ). You could even just push with AA-QQ (maybe JJ) and AK and fold the rest, but I don't like just folding everything. You're obviously not playing optimally, but at least you're extracting some value out of the easy to play hands.

Will

1C5
12-13-2005, 11:25 PM
So you fold every AA you get in level 1 and 2?

runner4life7
12-13-2005, 11:43 PM
I think this is a really bad idea. like everyone said get a monitor or something, what kind of ROI are you running doing this?

trojanFan
12-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm certainly not discounting the advice given - I thank everyone for the input (with the minor exception of that Bruin guy, but we're accustomed to ignoring those guys unless we want to place an order at the fast food counter anyway.....)

Curiously, I'm about 41% ITM over the past month doing this - relatively small sample size of about 250 sng's. I'm not advocating it as "optimal" but it certainly has helped me focus on my bubble play.

Thanks all!

12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Aren't you better just sticking them on another monitor and doing as said above with AA, KK, QQ etc...

Its obv -ev doing that stupid question.....

but doesn't mean you can still make a profit endgaming...