PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globe nominations

pryor15
12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
they are out.
link (http://www.hfpa.org/news/id/13)

the gay cowboy movie leads the pack and generally they are trending indie this year.

samjjones
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
No surprises. I can't WAIT for the Oscars this year since it appears to be a lock that Brokeback Mountain will be a serious contender. Lots of jokes to be had.

pryor15
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
i just noticed how many nominations the new Woody Allen got. Wow. This might just be as good as they say it is.

IndieMatty
12-13-2005, 06:23 PM
HOW THE [censored] DOES IAN MACSHANE NOT GET NOMINATED FOR BEST ACTOR IN A TV SERIES. JESUS [censored] CHRIST.

CollinEstes
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I am glad to see that Weeds got some nominations. It is a great show and I hope the lead wins for best actress.

samjjones
12-13-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HOW THE [censored] DOES IAN MACSHANE NOT GET NOMINATED FOR BEST ACTOR IN A TV SERIES. JESUS [censored] CHRIST.

[/ QUOTE ]
Golden Globes don't mean anything. If he gets shafted at the Emmys, then I'd start bitching. Same with "Rome".

diebitter
12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian McShane woulda been an awesome Bond back in his earlier days.

IndieMatty
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am glad to see that Weeds got some nominations. It is a great show and I hope the lead wins for best actress.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd marry Mary Louise Parker right now. No thought. I love her that much.

trotski
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
No kidding, total BS. No Deadwood nomination for Drama, or Arrested Development for Comedy, this sucks.

CollinEstes
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it is pretty easy to fall in love with her on that show. That last episode ended so well I have really high expectations for next year.

wayabvpar
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Yeah, that is criminal. Deadwood didn't make it for best Drama either. WTF?

Other notable omissions- Arrested Development for Best Comedy, Jason Bateman for best Actor in a Comedy, and the inclusion of Naveen Andrews over Terry O'Quinn in Supporting Actor (Drama).

samjjones
12-13-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good thing, considering Billy Crudup dumped her while she was pregnant and all. You can swoop right in!

IndieMatty
12-13-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good thing, considering Billy Crudup dumped her while she was pregnant and all. You can swoop right in!

[/ QUOTE ]

She used to live in New York. If she's still single, I'd say I have a .4 to 2% chance. Let's get OOT working on this instead of the myspace thing.

Get MattSuspect a date with Mary Louise Parker..

anyone>? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pryor15
12-13-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arrested Development for Comedy, this sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was odd, too. aren't the critics supposed to be helping the show stay alive?

CollinEstes
12-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Did it have enough episodes to qualify. Would it be season 2 or this season 3? Because season 2 was pretty dam funny.

samjjones
12-13-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was odd, too. aren't the critics supposed to be helping the show stay alive?

[/ QUOTE ]
Show has already been cancelled.

IndieMatty
12-13-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should keep in mind, the golden globes is the foreign press. I think its possible that they may miss some of the things that make Arrested Development and Deadwood so damn good.

trotski
12-13-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should keep in mind, the golden globes is the foreign press. I think its possible that they may miss some of the things that make Arrested Development and Deadwood so damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point, we can only hope the Emmy's recognize what the GG missed.

pryor15
12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Show has already been cancelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much, but it still has outs.

i have no idea what the rules are for tv shows to qualify, so i suspect a show that gets trimmed down (i.e. Arrested) or plays at odd times of the year (Deadwood? i don't have HBO so i don't know when this is on, but i know HBO does strange things sometimes) might not be eligible.

anyone know specifics?