PDA

View Full Version : folded flush - weak tight?

12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Villian is fairly fishy - about 45/7 or so. I know I'm going to get torn apart for limping this in the first place but at this certain table there was minimal pf raising and a good amount of action postflop so I have been limping some sub-par hands trying to flop monsters and get paid.

Anyways, a few hands earlier I was playing against villian on a monotone board - I had a pair and a flush draw and bet flop, turn, and river. He flat called flop and turn bets of about 2/3-PSB and when I asked him what he folded on river he said just the ace (of hearts - flush draw) so I put him on a higher flush here or better (paired board - full house perhaps).

***** Hand History for Game 2893015166 *****
$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, December 11, 19:12:00 EDT 2005
Table Table 36581 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Kamryn13 ( $22.70 )
Seat 4: allforkris ( $18.15 )
Seat 5: Apskabb ( $25.35 )
Seat 6: Imbecill ( $27.30 )
Seat 2: HERO ( $29.20 )
Seat 3: VILLIAN ( $25 )
Apskabb posts small blind [$0.10].
Imbecill posts big blind [$0.25].
VILLIAN posts big blind [$0.25].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Kamryn13 folds.
HERO calls [$0.25].
VILLIAN checks.
allforkris folds.
Apskabb calls [$0.15].
Imbecill raises [$0.50].
HERO calls [$0.50].
VILLIAN calls [$0.50].
Apskabb calls [$0.50].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Apskabb checks.
Imbecill bets [$1].
HERO calls [$1].
VILLIAN calls [$1].
Apskabb folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Imbecill bets [$1].
HERO raises [$6].
VILLIAN has been reconnected and has 12 seconds to act.
VILLIAN calls [$6].
Imbecill folds.

** Dealing River ** [ K /images/graemlins/club.gif]
HERO checks.
VILLIAN bets [$15].
higher flush?
HERO folds.
VILLIAN does not show cards.
VILLIAN wins $33.05

different river line? Pot was huge compared to our stacks but I didn't consider myself "pot committed" should I have led out for decent size and called all in?

EMcWilliams
12-13-2005, 06:05 PM
You cant call to presumebly catch a flush and then fold when you hit it. I at least call that river, maybe even push it. This is way too weak tight IMO. You shouldve also lead the river for about 10.

ajmargarine
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Fold preflop. You play the cheese, you get put in crappy spots more times than not. As played, probably c/c, but I'm not sure, I stopped paying close attention after the preflop limp. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tripp0807
12-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Fold preflop. Fold to preflop miniraise. Lead river with blocking bet ($8-9). Call raise getting better than 2-1 and hope he's got 2 pair.

12-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I play pretty weak tight, but I would still call this. $15 is less than 1/2 pot. He could have a boat, chances of a higher flush are pretty slim. I would put him on pairing his king and betting you didn't really hit your flush.

hfrog355
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Agreed.

Fold preflop. There's no point in even playing this hand if you're not going to call bets once you make your flush.

As played, I think you have to lead the river (~$10) or even push with what you've got left. At the very least, call him down and reload after making a stupid play.

Andrew Fletcher
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I would lead the river and as played def. call his $15. He might think the turn raise was a bluff and the river check was so weak that he can't help but take a shot at the pot. If villian has a flush, I imagine he raises on the turn. This looks like AJ or maybe a set.