PDA

View Full Version : TPTK Turnfold HU

Trix
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Had him as 50/18 for 3x hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

cartman
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I check behind on the turn. I call or bet if checked to on the river.

Cartman

phish
12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Sure you want to be playing heads up?

cartman
12-13-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure you want to be playing heads up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much choice when everyone else folds. Maybe you can teach me something. Trix didn't say anything about the opponent's postflop play, but his 50/18 leads me to tentatively believe that he is capable of a bluff checkraise--especially on this board. That means I am going to the showdown with this hand which means bet/fold is not one of my options. That leaves bet and call down or the line I advocated above. If I knew he was very likely to bluff checkraise then I would bet and call down, but again we don't know anything about his postflop tendencies so I chose the other one.

Why I am wrong and which line is best?

Thanks,
Cartman

Danenania
12-13-2005, 05:59 PM
A T is a small portion of his hand range based on his vpip, flop donk and turn check. Whether to call down or fold to a checkraise is another issue but I think you're giving up way to much value by checking the turn to make it an option. In addition to missing value from any number of pairs you're also giving any worse hand a free shot at 4 outs to a split.

Poldi
12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I think any line that includes you folding should not be an option. But now that I think about it.. when you call down you call another bet on the river anyways, you can 3bet and he wont give you any more action without the straight so its better to 3bet him on the turn than to calldown unless he is a real maniac.

phish
12-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Oops. Thought this was HU match. Didn't see that only this hand was HU.

My terse comment above simply meant that the way you played that hand was very poor if you're playing HU. World of difference between a HU match and a hand that is just HU.

TStoneMBD
12-13-2005, 11:37 PM
i think its a safe muck. at best youve folded a hand drawing to 2pair.