PDA

View Full Version : Any Garden City Stud/8 players?

MarkGritter
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm in San Jose this week and am planning a trip to Garden City tonight to play the Stud/8 game. Any 2+2ers regularly play there? If you see me, stop by and say hi--- I'm blond, bearded, wear glasses, and I'll have a navy, maroon, and yellow striped shirt on.

I love the game, but I cringe whenever I remember I'm playing the equivalent of 50 cents/hand to play 3/6 poker. ($1 ante, $4 rake taken immediately at a full table = 50 cents in the pot and 50 cents to the house.)

I might try the 4/8 Omaha game at Bay 101 later this week, too, depending on how my schedule shakes out.

Cooling Heels
12-13-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I love the game, but I cringe whenever I remember I'm playing the equivalent of 50 cents/hand to play 3/6 poker. ($1 ante, $4 rake taken immediately at a full table = 50 cents in the pot and 50 cents to the house.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about the game structure as I haven't played there for 6 or 7 years, but I used to stop in there on business trips to Silicon Valley and the game was a better structure and profitable due to poor players.

My recollection is 4/8 stud/8 with a 0.50 ante and $4 taken out before the deal. A stiff rake for sure, but a high percentage of players saw 4th street, much higher than current online games.

good luck

NotMitch
12-13-2005, 07:18 PM
When I last played there (3 months or so) it was $1 ante, $4 taken from this as rake.

MarkGritter
12-13-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You are probably right about the game structure as I haven't played there for 6 or 7 years, but I used to stop in there on business trips to Silicon Valley and the game was a better structure and profitable due to poor players.

My recollection is 4/8 stud/8 with a 0.50 ante and $4 taken out before the deal. A stiff rake for sure, but a high percentage of players saw 4th street, much higher than current online games

[/ QUOTE ]

I mistyped, it is indeed 4/8 not 3/6, but it is $1 ante and $1 bringin. Ocasionally they run a 'scoop' table where the stakes rise to 6/12 after the pot is scooped, which I find somewhat silly since the ante size doesn't change.

The quality of play doesn't seem to have changed, at least on my previous two trips there.