PDA

View Full Version : Should I have called to the river on this hand?

Matt Williams
12-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Playing 4/8 live.
I am the button.
I have K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Three limp in,I raise. SB folds, BB and limpers call.
Flop is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
BB bets, 2 in MP fold, CO calls, I raise, BB 3 bets, CO calls, I call.
Turn is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB bets, CO raises, I fold.
River is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
BB bets, CO calls.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> BB shows pocket Queens, CO shows pocket 9's. I would have won with pair of kings. </font>

SnglMaltScotch
12-13-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't raise KTo after 3 limpers. Offsuit broadway cards don't play well in large multiway pots.

Otherwise the rest of the hand is pretty standard IMO. You can't call 2 cold on the turn with second pair fair kicker.

Scotch78
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
First, I might raise pre-flop if all three limpers play over half their hands and both blinds are extremely tight, but probably not even then. Second, this turn is a super easy fold.

Scott

ReptileHouse
12-13-2005, 04:45 PM
BB is showing huge strength donk/3-betting the flop into the pre-flop raiser. Assuming a non-insane opponent, that says at worst that he has TPGK. CO is happilly calling along on a pretty drawless board, suggesting he's either completely donating or slowplaying.

On the turn the BB isn't slowing down and the CO wakes up. There is no way I think one pair is good hear anywhere close to often enough to call two cold. I toss it in the muck and wish I could learn to flop better cards.

Now to go read the results and see how far off I am... Given the title of the thread, I have a suspicion, but I'm curious.

edit: yup. they are both insane. File this one away and loosen up your call-down standards against both of them in the future. All those chips will flow back the other way soon enough if they keep playing like that.

KNOCKAHOMA
12-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Would folding this hand pre-flop be wrong even with 3 limpers??

oxymoron
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't like the raise preflop but you played it fine post flop.

ReptileHouse
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't hate folding pre-flop.

Scotch78
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would folding this hand pre-flop be wrong even with 3 limpers??

[/ QUOTE ]

If two of the three are tight, I prefer a fold.

Scott

wilsonkop
12-13-2005, 04:53 PM
4/8 live. Folding is insane here. BTW, you can't call 2 cold after tha A drops on the turn. Overall you played it fine.

Jake (The Snake)
12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
BUT WE HAVE THE BUTTON!!!!!

Seriously though, we have the button.

I think folding, even if one or two of them was tight, would be wrong.

By the way, we have the button.

Matt Williams
12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I raised because I was hoping to get the blinds to fold knowing I had position. I thought for sure both had an ace. I was completely blindsided to see what they had. I know I'll never know, but I wonder if the BB would have raised had I limped in.

12-13-2005, 05:51 PM
I would just call the flop. It is very possible that they could have you outkicked (not sure if this is a reasonable fear/concern). I would call and see what happens on the turn . . .

If the action is the same after the A, I would fold to the 2 big bets

Any thoughts on this line? (I am relatively new here. Comments on my suggestions are appreciated)

ZenMusician
12-13-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I'll never know, but I wonder if the BB would have raised had I limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good reason not to raise KTo after 3 limps! I have solved
my KTo problem by mentally turning the T to a 2 and mucking
this trash unless I can raise it in HJ+. Unless the table is &gt;35 VPIP
there is no reason to jam this hand.

-ZEN

TripleH68
12-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I will limp this hand on the button.
Of course it is not a great multiway hand, but we are on the button.

I can't blame you for folding here. CO got out of line raising two aggressors on the turn with 99 on this board. Now you have a read. Or was CO trying this play because of his read on you? I get the feeling BB is LAG/tricky.