PDA

View Full Version : Some NHL for tonight with write ups

TheRake
12-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Well I'll be the first to admit some of my 2+2 NHL picks have not gone well.

The fact that I play mostly dogs makes it difficult to make the occasional pick on 2+2 and convince people there was value in it when they lose. And I simply don't have time to post everyday. I have however been pretty hot going 13-6 over the last week, so I am going to make an attempt to post some winners today.

PHOENIX +109 @ MONTREAL
These are 2 teams going in opposite directions. Phoenix have been winners in 7 of their last 9 games while Montreal has lost 7 of 9. The Great One has the Coyotes playing great hockey right now. Add to that the fact that Joseph is arguably the hottest goaltender in the league right now and it is hard to imagine the books have Phoenix as the underdog in this one. I am on Phoenix +109

PITTSBURGH +133 @ ST LOUIS
Ugg! this one is ugly. Pittsburgh is terrible! There is only one team worse than them in the whole league. Any guesses as to who that might be? You guessed it, the St Louis Blues. They are just aweful and show no signs of coming out of it anytime soon. The difference between these 2 teams is that Pittsburgh has shown that they are not going to quit playing hard just because they are losing. This is a team that plays hard no matter what the score is. As far as I am concerned there is no team St Louis should be favored over. And to think that Pittsburgh can't win here 43% of the time is just ridiculous. I'm taking Pittsburgh +133

I am also playing a few totals tonight.

Nash/Fla o5.5 +101
Edm/NJ o6 +115
Pit/StL o6.5 -119
I usually don't like to lay this much chalk, but we have two goalies in net tonight that give up a lot of goals. Thibault (4.44GAA) vs Sanford (3.35GAA). This one could be a goalfest.

TheRake

PS - If this doesn't work out tonight I'll stop wasting everone's time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. There only seem to be a few who bet the NHL on here anyway.

12-13-2005, 10:02 PM
The more NHL the better, I say.

youtalkfunny
12-14-2005, 08:45 AM
When I was in high school (1980's), I would lay -2½ with reckless abandon, and win a lot of 8-3 games.

Scoring isn't up THAT much in the NHL this year. I haven't really paid any attention since the opening weeks.

But Ottawa and Detroit seem to cover that -1½ every time I see the scores on SportsCenter.

Anything to this?

12-14-2005, 09:11 AM
detroit has won 21 games, 15 by 2 or more. (32 games played)
record -1.5 = 15-17

ottawa has won 22 games, 18 by 2 or more. (28 games played)
record -1.5, 18-10

yet ottawa still got -1.5 +185 in colorado, +200 in vancouver and calgary. bet all three and you about broke even.