PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker - Full Tilt Auto Rate Rules.....help.

12-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Hi, I'm fairly new to pt and full tilt and I am looking for a good set of auto rate rules for their site. Does anyone know where a guide might be? or can anyone suggest a few sites with rules? Thanks a lot, any input is helpful.

SamIAm
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't know how Full Tilt would enter the discussion. They deal the same cards everybody else does. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As to autorate rules, for 10-max limit, I think the default ones with PTracker work ok. I have nit-picky complaints, but autorate isn't really intended for fine calculation; the whole point is a generalization.

What game are you playing? 10-max or 6? Limit or NL? Hold-em or Crazy Pineapple Hi/Lo With A Full Kill?
-Sam

12-13-2005, 04:12 PM
I am playing .50/1.00 up to 1.00/2.00 - 9 Max NL Hold- em
I just figured full tilt might tend to have more or less aggressive/conservative players than other sites, in which case there could be room to improve accuracy by adjusting for those generalities. That may or may not be true though.
I will try out the default i guess, i just had seen some others floating around and I was wondering if there was a preferred set.

12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I have only been using PT for a little over a week, but I have to say that although auto rate is nice to start out with, please give me the raw numbers any day. As long as the program keeps track of VP$IP, pre-flop raise percentage and tracks overall aggressiveness, that is enough for me right now.

In my opinion, whether an auto-rate rule classifies someone as a fish, LAG or TAG really doesn't substitute for a good analysis of the raw numbers. And, if you are just searching for fish, then I would just do a query based on specific VP$IP and pre-flop raise percentages.

However, I do think it is nice to have something to go by as an initial guideline. But once you use it for awhile, you can do a little better job looking at the numbers yourself than what a pre-conceived computer formula can do.

In addition, I am pretty sure that the numbers I currently use are just the tip of the iceberg. I am looking forward to using the more detailed numbers regarding bets on the flop, turn and river, check-raises, fold equity, etc. For now, just those three numbers alone have completely changed my game. For those of us who are more analytical instead of "feel" players, PT is a godsend.

excession
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
NL Full Ring here - tuned for Party $50 tables

http://www.andymcnish.btinternet.co.uk/newauto.htm