PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart 64 drinking game

CallMeIshmael
12-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I like mario kart and I like drinking. I would like to combine these two into some form of competitive event.

Ideas?

12-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Upon a quick google search, here's the best thing I found (though I'm sure someone could create better).

http://www.drinksecret.com/drinking-games/other/mario-kart.html

RiverFenix
12-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Its too hard to take your hands off the controller and drink if you want to play competitively. I still play this game a ton and would like to hear some suggestions

JonPKibble
12-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Loser of race must do a shot of named liquor.

JonPKibble
12-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Here's an even better idea:

Winner of battle-mode must assign shots based upon how many balloons he or she has left.

If you're the bomb and you kill a player, you get to make them do a shot.

Anyone else?

jason_t
12-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I think someone should invent a metadrinking game where the object of the game is to come up with new drinking games and, of course, it is a drinking game too.

JonPKibble
12-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Jason,

Ever play Fluxx?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonPKibble
12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.dormgear.net/images/Passout-board-game.gif

12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think someone should invent a metadrinking game where the object of the game is to come up with new drinking games and, of course, it is a drinking game too.

[/ QUOTE ]

..And you have to drink if your drinking game idea sucks. And if you so happen to create a drinking game during the drinking game about new drinking games, you could find yourself in trouble. Everyone will be both drunk and confused, which go well together.

12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Sophmore year of college, my and friend get back from winter break a day before everyone else, decide to get absolutely trashed.

First, we split a fifth of Cuervo (had a 3rd in rotation for a while, admittedly--and he took the worm).

Then, we took a case of beer and invaded the common room belonging to some quasi-friends of ours who had a Nintendo 64 to fire up some drunk MarioCart... we came up with the following game; play heads up in race mode, everytime you win you chug a half beer. Of course there is recreational drinking going on on the side as well. At first I dominated; I clearly remember being ahead 12-1 based on empties. Also, at this point the dude who's common room we invaded straggles out to complain (it's 3am, he's on the tennis team, for some reason they're back early to do some indoor training of whatever). He gets told to shut the fk up and get back in his hole. Realizing we're drunk beyond reason, he goes back to bed. Next thing I clearly remember is about an hour later I'd guess, the score is now 13-12 me, and I am basically too drunk to operate the controls. Tennis player then came back out, yelled at us some more, my friend stands up, slams his controller down, and full-on kicks this tennis player in the nuts, I mean HARD.

We evacuated pretty quickly, the jacker called security on us but we were in good with them and by the time they showed we were basically comatose watching Big Lebowski back at our place.

12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This sucks because the winning player is presumably better, and the distribution of alcohol according to finish will just widen the gap in skill.

The WINNER should have to drink. The playing field eventually evens out (see my prev post).

Woolygimp
12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.ikitchenandhome.com/shgldrchset.html

12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This sucks because the winning player is presumably better, and the distribution of alcohol according to finish will just widen the gap in skill.

The WINNER should have to drink. The playing field eventually evens out (see my prev post).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty counter-intuitive. In most/all other drinking games, the loser of whatever always drinks.

12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty counter-intuitive. In most/all other drinking games, the loser of whatever always drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because most drinking games don't involve subtle motor skills. Dice, cards, beerpong, beirut, etc; getting moderately drunk won't hinder your abilities.

For videogames, if you get wasted and are the worse player when sober, you stand no chance.

Also, the objective of drinking games is to get everybody trashed, and secondarily to establish social dominance; making the loser drink in video games will just make one guy really [censored] up and the rest sober.

benza13
12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the fact that losing a couple times could doom the lesser player to being the only one drinking would make this game much less fun.

Dudd
12-13-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Winner of battle-mode must assign shots based upon how many balloons he or she has left.

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. Seriously, genius level. It also makes me sad how terrible battle mode is in Mario Kart:DD. No bomb, what were they thinking?

12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the fact that losing a couple times could doom the lesser player to being the only one drinking would make this game much less fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I definitely understand that argument. But even in beer pong, the better the other side plays, the more you drink, thus hurting your aim. So why not make the person who actually gets the ball in the cup drink it? Certainly then this would compensate for his better aim and even out the playing field. It's the same logic...but really, that's just not how it goes.

12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
True, I definitely understand that argument. But even in beer pong, the better the other side plays, the more you drink, thus hurting your aim. So why not make the person who actually gets the ball in the cup drink it? Certainly then this would compensate for his better aim and even out the playing field. It's the same logic...but really, that's just not how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you just skip over my response to you? Beirut is not complex; getting drunk will not seriously hinder your ability to throw a pingpong ball 6 feet into a plastic cup. Getting drunk will pretty quickly reduce your chances of hitting the shortcuts on various MarioCart courses, dodging bananas, and so forth.

12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Did you just skip over my response to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yes, I did accidentally skip over your response. My appologies - you make a valid point.

henrikrh
12-13-2005, 03:45 PM
4 people
Many pints of beer

1. Play heads up, 2 laps. At the end of teh first lap both players give up the controllers and have to chug a half-pint, first person to finsh gets to make a new rule and the second finisher has to chug an additional half-pint.

2. As soon as the lap is done and the first 2 guys are off to chug pints the other 2 finish the second lap and do the same.

The teams stay the same, and only rule is the rules have to get crazier and if anyone loses three times in a row they have to play as princess.

Just made that up off the top of my head, could be fun.

pryor15
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
play GP, if you lose, you drink (twice if you finish 8th). at the end of the race, you drink for everytime you fall off the course (b/c all the pauses would be annoying, i assume, and you'd have to do it on the harder levels)

off the top of my head.

Jeebus
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
we used to do winner assigns a shot to someone or loser takes a shot. I think the most fun is winner drinks. That way whoever is dominating gets cut down to size alittle bit and it evens the game out.
I can't count the number of times I have blacked out doing this. Plus we use the gamecube one because it is phenomanally better.

RunDownHouse
12-13-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its too hard to take your hands off the controller and drink if you want to play competitively.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.smoothasbutter.com/Merchant2/graphics/products/BG-100.jpg

EDIT: To add some actual content, I was given a beer helmet as a gift when I turned 18. A major problem was that, no matter how hard you tried, a few drops of beer would be left at the end of the tube, past the clamp. So for every drink you took, you'd get a couple drops on the front of your shirt. Over a couple hours, you've got a huge puddle on your chest. I guess OK for sitting on the couch watching football, but not much else.

SackUp
12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Here is how you do it. Called "Beer Laps" Based on Slosh ball.

The rules are simple. You cannot finish a lap until you have finshed a beer (you can make it any amount of beer as long as it is uniform - half beer probably best).

There is a lot of strategy...do you chug first, mid lap, just before finishing? Lots involved with the items.

Also, we would add a twist where you can keep going through a lap, but there is a one beer penalty...just another twist to the game...and it adds more drinking, so how can you go wrong??

Enjoy!

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
easy game
-Hit with a spiky shell, drink 2.
-Hit by a star, drink 2
-Smashed by something/someone- drink 2
-Drink 2 drinks for whatever place you finish(1st 2, 2nd, 4, etc...)
-Whoever is last in a GP overall standings has to finish his beer, reset the 64, and get beers for everyone.

JonPKibble
12-13-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. Seriously, genius level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simpler is always gooder. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkL444
12-13-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
easy game
-Hit by a star, drink 2
-Whoever is last in a GP overall standings has to finish his beer, reset the 64, and get beers for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like it should work.

ZeeJustin
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing about beirut / beer pong is that while the losing team drinks more, the game is played winner goes on. That means that the winning team will still be drinking more than anyone else because they will be playing longer, until their abilities are too hindered to keep going.

This should be encorperated into Mario Kart somehow.

Emmitt2222
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy game
-Hit by a star, drink 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is along the lines I was thinking too because first place is usually hit with the most crap because people behind him get the good weapons so it balances out better.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy game
-Hit by a star, drink 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it works well, anything else involves to much drinking during races.

KDawgCometh
12-13-2005, 06:59 PM
I used to have a pot smoking game for FIFA and for madden. I'll give this a night of thought and see what I can come up with for a mario kart drinking game, but I will garuntee this, it will involve doing a circuit and possibly times

edit: CMI, how many players on the norm are racing in these, is it mainly HU matches, or are you getting all 4 people invloved

MarkL444
12-13-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy game
-Hit by a star, drink 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it works well, anything else involves to much drinking during races.

[/ QUOTE ]

so..if youre hit with a star...you have to drop your controller and take a drink right then?

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2005, 07:15 PM
well, yeah, I mean when someone with a star hits you, you usually go flying in the air and bounce around for a bit. Whats the big deal anyways, its Kart, and you will most likely get a good item soon, especially if its 4player. You can afford to take the time and drink. Only real exception is if its late on the last lap, IMHO.

MarkL444
12-13-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, yeah, I mean when someone with a star hits you, you usually go flying in the air and bounce around for a bit. Whats the big deal anyways, its Kart, and you will most likely get a good item soon, especially if its 4player. You can afford to take the time and drink. Only real exception is if its late on the last lap, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good point. what other video games make good drinking games? does that deserve its own thread?

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good point. what other video games make good drinking games? does that deserve its own thread?

[/ QUOTE ]probably.

Most of the best games are N64 ear games, because they don't require lots of attention, and there are tons of multiplayer games. We had one with NFL Blitz too.

CallMeIshmael
12-13-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: CMI, how many players on the norm are racing in these, is it mainly HU matches, or are you getting all 4 people invloved

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally 4, sometimes 2 or 3.

MarkL444
12-14-2005, 12:20 AM
do you think risk could be turned into a good drinking game? i like risk, but it can get boring sometimes. maybe getting hammered would make it more fun.

man
12-14-2005, 01:55 AM
CallMeIshmael,

for races, shots according to your place number. probably of something light. drink whenever you go off the road or are hit my a banana or somesuch.

similarly for battle mode, drink whenever you are hit. take shots when you lose according to your place.

keep it simple.

gamingly,
man

p.s.: I used to enjoy reading your posts. I haven't noticed you around here for a while. if so, what's the deal?

DMBFan23
12-14-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its too hard to take your hands off the controller and drink if you want to play competitively. I still play this game a ton and would like to hear some suggestions

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a clear spot for the beer helmet filled with whatever. captain and coke? DONT MIND IF I DO