PDA

View Full Version : the typical play of the draw

bernie
07-17-2003, 08:34 PM
i thought about this hand after i read about the 'ram and jam' thread...

im on the button and sneak in with K2s. lots of callers to the flop.

flop Q J 2 2-tone, my tone

blind bets out, 4 or 5 callers, i raise, i think 1 guy folded in MP...all the rest called.

turn....some rag everyone checks to me, wierd feeling that theyre holding their breathe. all eyes on me. (i hadnt played a hand in awhile, maybe that has something to do with it, i dont know. but ive rarely experienced this feeling)

i check and the table lets out a collective, very noticeable, gasp. seriously. i read that they all know im on a draw now.

river flush card (rag)

blind bets out? this even confused some others on the table. they all have quizical looks. all fold to me, and i meekly call. like an idiot. i was put off gaurd by this bet. i figured everyone knew what i had. easy raise here, but....

my hand is good. blind rivered a rag str8.

the point in relation to the other thread? to many players a free card play can be very obvious. and sometimes if you bet the turn with your draw, you may as well bet the river. it does turn into a 2 street bluff. especially if the board is a good bluff board.

have fun...

b

mobes
07-17-2003, 08:37 PM
I think that would have been an easy bet with the draw, and the 2 or the K probably winning it for you.

bernie
07-17-2003, 08:54 PM
i actually shouldve bet the turn. i have plenty of outs to do it. which offsets the 2 majors on the board.

but the river bet suprised the hell out of me. especially after the turn check reaction.

b

mobes
07-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Thats the beauty of the free card at low limits, a lot of chumps dont recogize you are on a flush draw and bet out when it clearly hits. Then you get to pop them (usually /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

bernie
07-17-2003, 09:24 PM
it's also a very common play at LL. along with the 'wake up on the turn and bet my monster' play.

many LL players recoginze it. it's about the only 2 postflop plays they really recognize which is one reason why you can use it against them. especially the regulars in the room.

the more likely theyll be callinig down, the less likely id bet the turn. (obviously) but ya gotta test the table sometime if ya dont know. you may be suprised that it works at times.

b