PDA

View Full Version : $22 SNG... Party or bodog

12-13-2005, 12:36 PM
I actually think the competition is softer at bodog if that is possible and i like the 1000 starting chips at this level... but party fills up quicker.

Anyone here play both, what do you think is the better option.

I have a better ITM and better ROI in bodog, but they seem slow to fill up

Insty
12-13-2005, 02:49 PM
$ per Hour?

liucipher
12-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Your sample at Bodog may just be too small or due to your edge in having 1,000 chips.

I find it hard to believe anything is softer than Party, but I'm willing to hope . . . Need to clear some new deposit bonuses . . .

Scuba Chuck
12-13-2005, 03:13 PM
The reason bodog is slightly softer than Party is because you have more time to hunt and kill your prey in the early levels. OP is making a mistake in assuming the extra 200 chips is why it's better. It's the structure. That being said, there is more $/hr on Party.

liucipher
12-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Do the blinds rise less slowly and/or start off lower?

12-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Have not figured out $/hour.. but both take about 45 minutes to win one

schwza
12-13-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think bodog takes a chunk longer than party, and that they both take well over 45 mins to win. 45 mins on average to play one at party sounds roughly right.

Scuba Chuck
12-13-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bodog's games are likely to finish at the same level of quickness, because of the structure. At the last level, blinds are 400/800, which is extraordinarily painful. but the $/hr point is a direct reference to how quickly games fill up. Even if you single table, you could wait 1 min to 15 mins for a game to fill. My experience there is playing the $33s and $55s.

But the early levels are unbelievably slow. And there are numerous gambools too early. The structure starts out:

5/10
10/20
15/30
30/60
50/100

It's been a little while since I played there. L3 might be different, but L4 is certainly 30/60. Besides the extra cheap round early, there's just a ton of mistakes on the 30/60 round.

12-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I believe that Bodog is softer as well at the 22s especially and not just because of the structure. The 3-table limit and lack of RB (until recently) kept the TAG multitablers away. I recently made a deposit there to switch from 8 tables at party to 5 party 3 bodog but found that the $$/hr was not much different all things considered. Plus Party, Bodog, PT and PAHUD do not play nicely together even with a gig of RAM.

-Bishop

junkmail3
12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh oh. Party.

junkmail3
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
No. Wait. Bodog.

junkmail3
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Why limit yourself, there are about 100 poker rooms to try.

Then you can debate them all!

Serious answer:
Do what you like. If you don't want to make 100/hour or you're on a tight roll, play bodog.

It sounds like the best solution is to sit at a bodog table, and play a party one while you're waiting for it to fill up.

If we're talking minutes, you're not losing much off of your hourly rate. If we're talking 30 min. Follow this strict procedure:

Turn on your computer.
Login to bodog.
Find a seat/table at bodog.
Open Party.
Open PokerTracker
Open PAHUD (if you use them all)
Find a table at party.
Don't look at the bodog table until it starts.
When the bodog table starts, play both games.
When your party game ends, stop playing that game and only play the Bodog game.

If you play more tables than this, you can alter this plan to fit your specifictaions. For instance, if you four table:

Remove instruction; Find a table at party.
Replace with; Find 3 tables at party.

If we're talking it takes 1/2 hour for one table to start:
Load up a bodog game, sit, play a part game, then when you're finished, bodog will be ready to go.

schwza
12-13-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bodog's games are likely to finish at the same level of quickness, because of the structure. At the last level, blinds are 400/800, which is extraordinarily painful. but the $/hr point is a direct reference to how quickly games fill up. Even if you single table, you could wait 1 min to 15 mins for a game to fill. My experience there is playing the $33s and $55s.

But the early levels are unbelievably slow. And there are numerous gambools too early. The structure starts out:

5/10
10/20
15/30
30/60
50/100

It's been a little while since I played there. L3 might be different, but L4 is certainly 30/60. Besides the extra cheap round early, there's just a ton of mistakes on the 30/60 round.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have not done any systematic analysis but i'd bet that a bodog tourney takes a while longer on average, especially if you compare 33 to 33 (because bodog is 1k starting chips)