PDA

View Full Version : Trips hit multi-way -- what's Standard?

KenProspero
12-13-2005, 11:04 AM
To set the scene.

.50/.05 -- Loose game generally, as one would expect.

Blinds are 25/50

Second or third hand of the Tourney all 10 players have 1500 Chips +/-. No reads on anyone.

Hero, UTG is dealt 88

Hero calls. UTG+1 raises 100 (to 150) 5 other callers (including BB, but not SB) call. Hero calls.

Pot is 925.

Flop 8TK, rainbow.

BB checks.

Hero bets 1/2 the pot.

This is my standard bet in this case. I want to get rid of the draw, but keep anyone who's hit TPGK around. With 6 in the pot, though I'm not sure whether this bet is enough to make it wrong for a straight draw to stick around, or whether I have to bet bigger.

Comments?

vinyard
12-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I probably c/r here hopping to come over the top - somebody ought to want to take this pot down immediately and its highly unlikely they have a better hand than you.

That being said a trips and a set are not the same thing.

gumpzilla
12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

.50/.05 -- Loose game generally, as one would expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this is essentially play money, I think you don't need to think too hard about how to continue. You should get paid by a huge range of hands. Just play it very straightforwardly.

12-13-2005, 11:21 AM
With 6 in the pot it's likely somebody bets out, so I like to check-raise and get as many of my chips in the middle as possible, as quickly as possible. A pair of Kings is unlikely to fold to a C/R at this level and you can stack somebody.

12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Push then put on your Reboks for the chase. You may also want to duck as I am sure the chips will be flying..LOL..