PDA

View Full Version : Two Pair folded on the turn.

12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
5 Player SnG tourney
blinds at 10/20
5 players remaining
Players 1-3 have approximately 1720 chips each
Hero has 1120
Villain has 1220

This was the first mentionable hand i have observed with this player.

Folds all around to villain
Villain in small blind, min raises to 40.

Hero calls with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop comes
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif with 80 in the pot

Villain checks
Hero bets 80.
Villain calls.

Turn comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif with 240 in the pot.

Villain checks
Hero bets 200

Villain rases all in for 900 more (covers hero)

Hero folds.

Was this a correct fold considering pot odds?
How about preflop/flop/turn betting?

12-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Strange action on this hand....
I think he is bluffing!!!
he min raise was wierd if it was ment to try take down the BB. which was correct for u to complete given 3:1 odds.
His range i guess is either AQ,A7,AT maybe even slowplaying AA,KK(i doubt QQ,TT coz you have some) or he saw the scare card of a seven and pushed you.
Now u have all these hands beat but A7 so if you arent afraid of the monsters under ur bed CALL his bet.

tigerite
12-13-2005, 09:58 AM
He has AA, KK beat? Er, no he doesn't.

This is a really tough spot. I actually think I prefer a check behind on this turn, rather than betting at it again.

kevkev60614
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Good post, Sammy, but include the buy-in.

I would've played it the same way you did. I bet the turn because villain's smooth call on the flop leads me to believe I'm just as likely up against a draw as anything else, and I don't want to give a free card.

But now Tigerite's post has me thinking that checking the turn keeps the pot more manageable, and you really have no idea what villain has. I'm interested to see what other people think.

Postiga
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
It's really tough. If he isn't tricky I'd put him on a flopped flush or a flopped set. His miniraise might indicate a strong hand, and QQ, TT, AA and KK beat you. He could also have a random 7. Or he could have a Q/Ten and a high club, which you like or most likely if he's bluffing, a lone A/K of clubs. Without a read it's hard to put him on a complete bluff, so you're either way way way behind or up against a flush draw. I like the fold especially because the blinds are small and you have plenty of chips with which to make a comeback.