PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker 5/10... I'm wheely confused.. AGAIN!

Sooga
07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh, me and wheels.. when will the insanity stop?

The game is PartyPoker 5/10, and the lineup is full of awful players, as usual, except for the SB, who's a tight player, but plays pretty ABC postflop. I've seen him take a few pretty bad beats, so he may be on tilt. Not sure. I'm in the BB with A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

2 limpers, SB calls, I check, flop comes:

4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked around. Turn comes:

4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

SB checks, I bet, folded to the SB who check raises! What do you do? I'm not scared of a boat so much as 67. 3-bet/fold to a 4-bet? Call down (assuming you don't hit a 2 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif )? Results in a separate post.

Sooga
07-17-2003, 06:40 PM
So I went into uber-p00sy mode and called the turn and called the blank river (8 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ) or something. SB shows 56o and to quote Mason, my hand is good.

lil'
07-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Raise him! He very well may have a 5, being in the blind. Plus, it's fun to beat a guy who's getting run over.

Sooga
07-17-2003, 07:52 PM

mobes
07-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I think you need to raise here. I would have guess he had A5. You werent afraid of the boat and you still had the hearts.

ResidentParanoid
07-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Raise the turn. If you are re-raised, call on the river unless you improve.

Bob T.
07-21-2003, 11:51 AM
I think the reason that you are confused here, is that I don't think that it really matters.

You could call down, and win or lose two bets. You could raise here, and either win one, if your opponent folded, three if you are ahead, and he called, or lose 4 if he was ahead or drew out on you, and reraised at some point. I bet if you add up all the possibilities after a raise, they come close to what would happen if you call twice.