PDA

View Full Version : Why is Chuck Norris funny?

PoBoy321
12-13-2005, 06:09 AM
It seems like everything even remotely related to Chuck Norris is considered hilarious now and I just don't get it. I think it started with the Walker, Texas Ranger lever on Conan which was pretty funny, but now it's just like anything and everything that has to do with Chuck Norris gets people, especially guys in collge, rolling on the floor laughing.

Am I missing something?

istewart
12-13-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
especially guys in collge, rolling on the floor laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, these people are likely just laughing because it's become a cool topic to laugh about. You should distance yourself from these folks like they have AIDS deluxe.

tonypaladino
12-13-2005, 06:12 AM
What the [censored] is AIDS deluxe? Like it comes with fries and coleslaw?

jason_t
12-13-2005, 06:15 AM
It's cultural.

gmrankin
12-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play pok*r every second Wednesday of the month.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

Food for thought

istewart
12-13-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a hot topic in SoCal math departments.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

PoBoy321
12-13-2005, 06:17 AM
See, this is what I'm talking about. I don't get why that's funny.

Stuey
12-13-2005, 06:18 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/second/chuckisfunny1.gif

istewart
12-13-2005, 06:19 AM
That's a great one.

PoBoy321
12-13-2005, 06:22 AM
See, that's funny, but not because of Chuck Norris, simply because it's a guy getting hit in the face with an oar.

Some people would say that it's a thousand times funnier because it's Chuck Norris, but I don't know why.

einbert
12-13-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, these people are likely just laughing because it's become a cool topic to laugh about. You should distance yourself from these folks like they have AIDS deluxe.

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart is right

diebitter
12-13-2005, 06:57 AM
There's always some guy like this, who gets into the cultural consciousness for some reason or other. I'm getting Chuck Norris AND Mr T. stuff in email. Is Mr T. doing trade over the pond, guys, or is it only here we're suffering this blight?

I preferred the previous one, The Hoff.

henrikrh
12-13-2005, 08:33 AM
If this man isn't a hero then who is? That damn O RLY owl?!?!

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000063E7T.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Have you had your daily profitipps zur selbstverteidigung?

diebitter
12-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh he is a hero. I was just answering a question about why he's in the cultural conscioussness at the mo.

Don't get uncool and heavy.

henrikrh
12-13-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh he is a hero. I was just answering a question about why he's in the cultural conscioussness at the mo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorr, your right, that was un-Norris like of me

nicky g
12-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Cos he seems to take himself so seriously and is so completely out of fashion/a relic of the 70s and 80s? I say he's funny in the way David Hasselhof is funny. He epitomises a certain dated C-List crapness. That said I don't roll around the floor laughing at the mention of his name.

diebitter
12-13-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorr, your right, that was un-Norris like of me

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck would approve of our manly reconciliation.

diebitter
12-13-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cos he seems to take himself so seriously and is so completely out of fashion/a relic of the 70s and 80s? I say he's funny in the way David Hasselhof is funny. He epitomises a certain dated C-List crapness. That said I don't roll around the floor laughing at the mention of his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, here in the UK (if my fragile memory serves me correctly this time) we called him the Hoff first, and he'd walk down the street and people would shout 'Hoff!' and he'd wave back, but didn't realise why they were shouting it.

Gotta love the Hoff.

Vavavoom
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotta love the Hoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Hoff (http://www.zippyvideos.com/1027113912663806/thenight/)

SL__72
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Before each filming of Walker: Texas Ranger, Chuck Norris is injected with five times the lethal dose of elephant tranquilzer. This is, of course, to limit his strength and mobility, in an attempt to lower the fatality rate of the actors he fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM
It's a ripoff of the Bill Bratsky snl sketch. They just replace the name so the character is "known, but weird". The sentiment is the same. Absurd statements. thats it.

man
12-13-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Chuck Norris funny?

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, one time a friend of mine questioned chuck norris' comedic fortitude in private and I never saw him again. you've done it in a public forum. good luck to you sir.

12-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Because it is stupid. And stupid is funny.

EMcWilliams
12-13-2005, 02:16 PM
I think the facts would be funny if said about most ppl, as they are well placed jokes. Chuck Norris is a good target because he is pretty well known and a terrible actor with a terrible CV. Everyone knows him and the randomness factor of it being Chuck Norris makes this funny. I think they are overdone now but the first time I ran across one of the fact dealies I thought it was funny.

antifish225
12-13-2005, 02:17 PM
4- Filming on location for Walker: Texas Ranger, Chuck Norris brought a
stillborn baby lamb back to life by giving it a prolonged beard rub.
Shortly after the farm animal sprang back to life and a crowd had gathered,
Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the animal, breaking its neck, to remind the
crew once more that Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away

24- When Chuck Norris sends in his taxes, he sends blank forms and includes
only a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has
not had to pay taxes ever.

12-13-2005, 02:22 PM
A Handicap parking sign does not signify that this spot is for handicapped people. It is actually in fact a warning, that the spot belongs to Chuck Norris and that you will be handicapped if you park there.

avisco01
12-13-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

istewart is right

[/ QUOTE ]

He is funny for the same reasons The Hoff, The Fonze, and Screech are funny. Incidentally, I was laughing at Chuck Norris BEFORE it was the cool thing to do...

12-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I thought Dodge Ball was a bad movie until Chuck Norris appeared in it. Then I realized it roundhouse kicks Citizen Kane in the face.

avisco01
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Dodge Ball was a bad movie until Chuck Norris appeared in it. Then I realized it roundhouse kicks Citizen Kane in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved Dodgeball, and thought Chuckie was simply the icing on the cake elevating this film to CLASSIC STATUS...

Stuey
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/second/chuckisfunny1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/second/shutthechuckup.gif