PDA

View Full Version : AKs vs 2 opponents

12-13-2005, 05:59 AM
This hand happened earlier tonight. UTG+1 has played few hands and hasn't shown many cards. I'm not very sure about a read on him except that he is somewhat passive but can swing to agressive occassionally. Button is unknown. He won a big hand without a showdown, but other than that hasn't really been too active besides making a lot of PF limps, folding on flop most of the time.

$0.25 big blind

UTG+1: $23
Button: $36.80
Hero(MP3): $18.90

Hero holds A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop:
1 fold, UTG+1 bets $0.50, 1 call, Hero raises to $1.50, 3 fold, Button calls, 2 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot: $5
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, Button folds, UTG+1 calls

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot: $11
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Pot: $11
UTG+1 bets $3, Hero calls.

Any thoughts about this hand would be appreciated about any and all streets.

PinkSteel
12-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Looks OK to me.

I might go to $2 or $2.50 with the preflop raise, but you went 3x last bet and I'm not thrilled about bloating the pot with AKs anyway. I might go a little higher with the flop bet but 3/5 pot is OK.

Against a tight unknown I think checking the turn is good -- he called your flop bet, the only draw he could have is inside, and he may be trapping your top pair, so you control pot size.

If he's tight, you're beaten when he bets the river, but for 4.7:1 I'm calling too.

This all assumes it was full ring; how many players were there at the deal? Shorthanded this becomes something I don't even know how to play.