PDA

View Full Version : psychology

astroglide
12-13-2005, 02:51 AM
psych forum is apparently under the gambling major topic. is it only supposed to be for gambling psych issues, or general psych issues (e.g. alcoholism, suicide)?

craig r
12-13-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
psych forum is apparently under the gambling major topic. is it only supposed to be for gambling psych issues, or general psych issues (e.g. alcoholism, suicide)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please find out soon..I have soooo many questions I need to ask. I think turning to 2+2 is my only choice.

criag

Mat Sklansky
12-13-2005, 03:35 AM
It was originally designed for discussion of topics related to Schoonmaker and Feeney. What it is or has become, is, I say. Are you looking for a dumping ground?

Dynasty
12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
That forum should definitely be for poker only posts.

astroglide
12-13-2005, 01:37 PM
i was just curious because occasionally 'serious' topics come up in oot (suicide, drug addiction, etc). the posts are welcome in oot, i just never look at psychology so i wondered that whether the posts would be welcome there as well if somebody wanted a more professional opinion.

chesspain
12-20-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was just curious because occasionally 'serious' topics come up in oot (suicide, drug addiction, etc). the posts are welcome in oot, i just never look at psychology so i wondered that whether the posts would be welcome there as well if somebody wanted a more professional opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although the "Psychology" forum should probably be for poker-related posts, individuals will post there with serious questions about their psychiatric symptoms, undoubtedly because they are connected to 2+2 and/or have no idea where else to go for help or information. I will usually try to respond to these posts with a helpful, educated opinion designed to point the individual in the proper direction for additional help and information.

astroglide
12-20-2005, 01:51 AM
do you think they should be referred to cross-post in psychology if it looks serious?

chesspain
12-20-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you think they should be referred to cross-post in psychology if it looks serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

astroglide
12-20-2005, 07:41 PM
cool, thanks.