PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Holiday Party Drinking Strategy?

morgan180
12-13-2005, 01:30 AM
After watching my brother fall in to sloppy drunken mess on Friday by double-fisting champagne and grey goose on the rocks at our company christmas party i am turning to oot for the optimal drinking strategy for a holiday party where your goal is to get drunk but not to a point where you are slurring and booting on the front lawn.

i propose -

1. a glass of champagne to start (for the toasts and crap)
2. followed by grey goose and soda (or other clear liqour drink)
3. switching to beer after three or four cocktails with a solid buzz to keep it going but not pushing you over the edge.
4. avoiding shots after switching to beer

thoughts?

Cumulonimbus
12-13-2005, 05:37 AM
I think number 3 is going to be difficult to keep to a minimum. Once you get that far, it's hard to slow down.

So in conclusion, just accept the fact that you're going to get drunk on Christmas and it's gonna be awesome. Yup.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKyle

EDIT: BTW, Bob needs a really big Santa hat too. Where's the <font color="green">Christmas</font> <font color="red"> Cheer</font>? Stuey?

tonypaladino
12-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's really strange to plan how your going to drink on a future date?

ChipWrecked
12-13-2005, 05:40 AM
If your goal is to get drunk at a company Christmas party.... um, cool.

Advice: Keep a full glass in your hand at all times.

The first one you pick up.

Weatherhead03
12-13-2005, 05:49 AM
I like the idea in general; getting sloppy in front of your boss can't be the greatest plan in the world.

Pulling off #4 after doing 1,2,3 will be near impossible though.

Blarg
12-13-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks it's really strange to plan how your going to drink on a future date?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto here. It's hard for me to picture getting drunk as a goal, too. It just happens, if I want it to. And sometimes even if I don't.

nothumb
12-13-2005, 06:04 AM
This actually isn't bad. You could always throw in some glasses of water to break things up. So long as you iron your skirt first.

NT

tonypaladino
12-13-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This actually isn't bad. You could always throw in some glasses of water to break things up. So long as you iron your skirt first.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant

jetsonsdogcanfly
12-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Confining onesself to clear liquor drinks is a sign of weakness.

poker-penguin
12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Hehe, my strategy for the company office party last night was to get wasted as quickly as possible. I needed a plan because service in Malta is kind of slow.

It worked.

The whole telling my boss exactly why I am frustrated with the situation at the moment, nearly getting in a fight with a co-worker, then drunkenly going around hugging all my friends wasn't part of the plan, but hey, I still had a job this morning.

In fact, the japanese way of getting drunk and telling your boss the truth is a great custom (even if swedish companies don't officially have that).

Alobar
12-13-2005, 05:20 PM
how about, just knowing when to quit?

Guys actually drink champagne? ugh

anyway, beer then liquor never been sicker. Liquor then beer have no feer. So at least you got the order right

young nut
12-13-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya on this Tony. I don't think I've every attempted to plan a drinking session. Just drink and have fun. If you feel like you're bout to puke, then slow down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CollinEstes
12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya on this Tony. I don't think I've every attempted to plan a drinking session. Just drink and have fun. If you feel like you're bout to puke, then slow down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he is just wanting to not look like an ass but still tie one on. Which is quite a tight-rope at times.

mrkilla
12-13-2005, 05:38 PM
5. Wash the sand out of your vagina when you get home

Drink Jack and Coke all night you'll be fine by round 11.

You can also go out and toke one up, will usually bring you down a bit and has the "2 drink" effect. So you won't drink as much and by the end of the night you're still good. You also wont be saying much or interacting with the boss which will keep the " I'd like to bang your wife, and your daughter too" comments to your self.

Seriously though a game plan...come on...know when to say when /images/graemlins/smile.gif

morgan180
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
The reasoning for the planning was as follows:

- the company party is my party. i own the company.
- the guys that work for me always try to get me to take shots with them, drink with them, etc.
- it's extremely poor form for the boss to get wasted in front of the employees
- it's poor form to be a pussy and not drink with the employees (many of whom are close friends from college, family, etc.)

so basically i am trying to figure out how to make every one happy, get a nice buzz, have the flexibility to drink with my friends/employees and not be the drunk boss.

and i agree with all of the other comments, i usually don't plan my drinking sessions, i can cut myself off and handle my alcohol fine...just an interestinge scenario...

mrkilla
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I guess thats sorta diffrent, Maybe only drink beer and take shots with the guys , so you seem like a sport.

My ex Boss would always drink wine and never do a shot, we all thought he was puss for it.

12-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Dont drink anything but shots. Have a water w/ lime, and then just do shots. You can do a few more than your employees would, and you wont get that wasted. Seems like common sense to me.