PDA

View Full Version : Is this a dick move?

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 01:12 AM
So I've been seeing this girl, 'Jen' for about a month. Couple times a week. We haven't been on a date, just fbuddys. She sleeps over during the week sometimes, and we go to the same parties on weekends and hookup afterwards sometimes. The words girlfriend and exclusive have never come up, but I did tell her I wasn't seeing anyone else (and she said likewise).

In any event, winter break is coming up, and I'm going to vegas for two weeks. I'll be 21 (see loc.), barhopping, and it will be difficult for me to turn down some vegas booty. I won't see Jen for the duration of winter break.

Now, I'm going to ask Jen to be my girlfriend, and I'm fairly certain she would go for that. So, would it be a dick move to wait until after winter break to do this? For the sole purpose that I could get some in vegas.

Also, if I were to ask her before break, I would not cheat on her in Vegas. And if I did wait until after break and did hook up with someone in vegas, I would obviously not tell her, as it would accomplish nothing.

And, yeah, I know this is worthless without pics. Sorry.

So...

kurosh
12-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Why are you asking other people?

12-13-2005, 01:15 AM
get her to come to vegas with you

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiosity. Isn't that what OOT is for? I mean, does anyone really care how everyone else wipes their ass?

man
12-13-2005, 01:17 AM
I would have trouble forming a relationship from a situation like this, regardless of what happens in vegas. it doesn't seem to be based in respect. but meh, if it's your style it's your style.

I think you have to be very sure that this girl wouldn't feel offended before you can sleep around like this. which is to say you're probably better off keeping it in your pants for a month.

12-13-2005, 01:17 AM

Bukem_
12-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Why do you have to ask her to be your girlfriend?

Go to vegas, have fun, do what you want.

Come back, hang out with chick, see how things go.

kurosh
12-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Having her come to vegas with you is a terrible idea.

This isn't something other people can give a good opinion on. Are you an [censored]? Do you actually care about the girl? It's just a bunch of baseless speculation. All you gotta do is think about it and imagine if you would feel [censored] or not.

pokerjoker
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
it all depends on how much u care about her. If you really think she is special then ask her now. Because of the nature of this post I am pretty sure u don't though. There is nothing morally wrong with [censored] a bunch of girls in vegas than asking her out, but it will definately weaken your relationship. If u are together in the long term it will come up sometime and she might think less of you for it.

12-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Get laid in Vegas. I would continue to bang her without being her gf. Being F'Buddies is the ideal relationship, unless you're in love with her. Why ruin it by being her bf? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Banks,

A month on the boards and 179 posts does not give you the right to say who gets * and who does not.

Kurosh,

I'm not really looking for advice, though I of course accept it. I'm really just curious what people think.

-Fink

KneeCo
12-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Not really a dick move IMO, though certainly far from the definition of class.

In the end, I would ask myself one question, do you mind that she will very possibly be getting her stocking stuffed over the holidays?

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Knee,

That's pretty much my thoughts too. And I woulden't mind if she gets laid over break.

Str8 Baller,

Sadly, the current state of our 'relationship' cannot continue forever.

-Fink

Black Aces 518
12-13-2005, 01:55 AM
If you like her so much, you would think you could have managed a meal at sometime in teh past month in between cum dumpster sessions.

OtisTheMarsupial
12-13-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The words girlfriend and exclusive have never come up, but I did tell her I wasn't seeing anyone else (and she said likewise).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, unless she's an idiot or they changed the dictionary, she thinks you two are exclusive. "I'm not seeing anyone else" means you're exclusive.

She thinks you two are an item. I would bet you on this.

Yes, it's a dick move to sleep around while in Vegas without telling her. To be clear, I'm not saying you need to have a conversation about your relationship status, just saying that if you want to have a status at all, you shouldn't sleep around.

tonypaladino
12-13-2005, 02:37 AM
What's that catch prase about what happens in Vegas.........

Jeebus
12-13-2005, 02:46 AM
First of all, mr. paladino is correct.
Second there are three things to consider.
1.(probably the most important) if you don't ask her out now what is the chance she is going to meet another [censored] buddy or something else and not really care in a month.
2.Do you personally feel like you would be a dick, or in another word, do you think you would fully enjoy yourself when getting some vegas ass.
3.Do you care that she may get some ass while your in vegas?

The first question obviously has the most effect because if you want to stay with her you may have to ask her and then can't get some ass. Otherwise she is obviously cool with the idea of hooking up just to get some, so you can't be faulted for doing it. The dick move would be to pick up the clap in the process and give it to her.
If you at all feel like you would be a dick don't do it, you might get odd remorse issues and [censored].

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Jeebus,

Good questions.

1. Yes. She's a good find, I don't want her to get away, which is why I want to ask her out.

2. I don't know. I'm not exactly a bigtime playa, I'm not usually in this situation.

3. Not really. It's not my place to care, that would be a bigtime double standard.

And I would obviously wrap it with some bar [censored] in vegas.

craig r
12-13-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's that catch prase about what happens in Vegas.........

[/ QUOTE ]

"gets a shot for in vegas"
"gets impregnated in vegas"
"got me 20 years"

craig

imported_CaseClosed326
12-13-2005, 02:59 AM
If you think it is a dick move then it is. If you think you might feel bad afterwords then don't [censored] around down there.

12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
PokerFink- Been reading 2+2 for years before I started posting so I'm not some newb. It seems like every day there is a post about what to do with girls. I just didn't see the point of the post/poll and by the looks of early results neither did half of the responders. Go to Vegas, have fun, and pick up where you left off when you get back.

housenuts
12-13-2005, 03:11 AM
Where is the choice: 'This is a dick move. Get some vegas booty, then ask her out when you get back'

MrMon
12-13-2005, 04:36 PM
There are two important rules in life: 1. Timing is everything. 2. Luck is being able to take advantage of opportunity when it presents itself.

Opportunity has presented itself in the form of a girl. The right girl is a rare thing. At 20, you may not know this, but it's very true. If you think she's the right girl, don't mess it up. Act now. What's the worst that can happen?

Scenario 1. You wait. She meets someone else. Or, you go to Vegas, she finds out what you did, gets pissed. You might have missed a teriffic opportunity, plus you got a whole lot of agony in either case.

Scenario 2. You ask her out. She says no, you haven't lost anything. You still go to Vegas. Or she says yes, but things don't work out. You can still go to Vegas a second time and screw around. It's not like they're going to close the place. You only lose a bit of time.

Quick analysis. Any unknown opportunity in Vegas is unlikely to be superior to the known opportunity now presenting itself. If she's worth asking out when you get back, she's worth asking now. If she's not worth asking now, then she's not worth asking later. Anything else is rationalization or your dick talking.

lu_hawk
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
All posts like this should result in a lifetime ban.

12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Did u ask her to go with you?

RunDownHouse
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
You care her enough to want to be honest (faithful, loyal, whatever) with her, but not so much that it impacts you having a good time. So I don't think its a dick thing, you're just more concerned with your own well-being than being in a relationship, which is fine.

siccjay
12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Of course "Get some Booty" is going to win, but the correct answer is "This is not a dick move, but if you want her to be your gf, why do you want Vegas booty anyway?"

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
MrMon,

Nice analysis, good points.

Hawk59 (and others),

I'm not sure why people are taking offense to this thread.

For one thing, there are plenty of girl/relationship related posts on this thread. I don't see why this one would be any worse/dumber than the others.

Second, it's a simple question of how you treat others. I'm not asking for anyone to support my decision or my morals, nor was I asking for advice on how to treat a girl. I was simply curious what OOT thought about the situation. I see nothing wrong with the poll or thread.

-Fink

radek2166
12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curiosity. Isn't that what OOT is for? I mean, does anyone really care how everyone else wipes their ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do thats Y I read OTT

kyro
12-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been in this situation. I chose to get back together with my girlfriend as opposed to most likely getting some while I was on vacation from some other chick. It's just the type of person I am though, and I don't know if really is a dick move.

B Dids
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I would think that if you cared about her enough to enter into a relationship with her, you wouldn't be thinking about nailing other chicks in Vegas.

Alobar
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, look inside yourself and do whatever you feel is right. If you dont care and what to get vegas booty, then do that, if you think its a dick move, then be true to your own moral code and dont do it. there is no right or wrong answer

anyway, you are 21, you are supposed to go back burner fbuddys to bang vegas strippers at this age.

Buccaneer
12-13-2005, 05:24 PM
She stays the night. You have stated to her that you are not seeing anyone else. This is a 'raise for information' she called your raise but did not reraise you. Was that because she didn't want to scare you out of the pot? Was it for deception?

I think you both want to fold your deceptive hands and play the next hand together. What is the worse that could happen if you told her that you are torn between vegas sluts and her? That is the real issue. She may be done with you then and there. She may tell you to have fun in vegas and that she is going to play as well. Can you live with either of those answers? No, not if you say you like her. You don't want her to play hide the sausage with anyone else and if you do and she doesn't find out you will know. If you do or even try to do your vegas chicks then you have ruined any relationship you have for her.

You could do the mature thing and say to her that you don't know where your relationship is, then shut your mouth, she will say what needs to be said.

How do you know that picking up chicks in vegas is as easy as picking up chicks at a poultry farm? It isn't MTV you know.

benza13
12-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Lets put it this way, I was in a crumbling relationship when I went to Vegas for my 21st, met some chicks while there, talked it up and easily coulda got laid but didn't because I was with a girl. Within 3 days of coming back she broke up with me, telling me she didn't do it beforehand because she didn't want to ruin my trip. [censored] bitch! Looking back I clearly shoulda gone for the Vegas booty and dumped the other girl before anyhow. Oh well.

Not sure how this applies to your situation, but if you really want this girl to be your girlfriend then maybe Vegas booty shouldn't matter. Or go hit some nasty scrippas, whatever floats your boat.

SippinSoma
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Why don't you ask her what she thinks?

Alobar
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you ask her what she thinks?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, just get drunk first, and then use the telephone to do it.

PokerBob
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
why are you assuming you will get some in Vegas?

CollinEstes
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I think you have two obvious plays here, if you want to lock it up then just ask her out before, maybe call her from Vegas once or twice and still do whatever the hell you want too. Or if you know you can still ask her out when you get back just wait and do whatever the hell you want to in Vegas anyway.

RunDownHouse
12-13-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have heard that if you can't get any in Vegas, you can't get any, period. Since he says he is currently getting some, I thought it was a very safe assumption that he could get some in Vegas.

Am I off?

BottlesOf
12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, would it be a dick move to wait until after winter break to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. You shuold do this. (I stopped reading here)

PokerFink
12-13-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine it's that difficult for any guy that is reasonably good looking (check) and has atleast some game (check).

Afterall, we're talking about Vegas during New Years.

samjjones
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine it's that difficult for any guy that is reasonably good looking (check) and has atleast some game (check).

Afterall, we're talking about Vegas during New Years.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really had game, you would already know the answer to this and wouldn't waste our time with your lame poll.