PDA

View Full Version : Need Turn Help - Please Advise

12-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I think the Turn is my worst street. I struggle when I am HU with a piece of the board. Here is an example hand (converter isnt working.)

Party 10 handed ring game. Not enough hands for read on the Villian.

Preflop:
UTG Limps.
1 Folds.
UTG+2 Limps.
Hero A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Raises
Folded to SB
SB Calls
BB Folds
UTG Calls
UTG+2 Calls

4 Players
Pot: 10 SB

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB Checks
UTG Bets
UTG+2 Calls
Hero Raises
SB Folds
UTG Calls
UTG+2 Folds

Pot: 7.5 BB

Turn: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG Bets

I have problems with these types of situations. I have a little something on a scarey board and almost no redraws. But there is a decent (but not monster) pot, only one opponent who has had two opportunities to reraise but hasn't, and I have position.

How do you play the turn and river?

Frogic
12-13-2005, 01:08 AM
I call down pretty much 100% here. Its pretty standard way ahead/way behind here. Noone who is behind you has more than 6 outs, and you're drawing to 2(I guess the occasional 3 outs) against anything that beats you.

Frogic

livinitup0
12-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Its a decent size pot. I think you have to call down here on a brick river. Fold it down if even more...scarey.

Xhad
12-13-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you're drawing to 2(I guess the occasional 3 outs) against anything that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has 4 outs against JJ or 99.

McGahee
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Edit: My post was dumb, I thought hero had AK /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Yeah, call down.

12-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Does no one think a raise is good with a fold to a 3 bet? I think you can safely eliminate AK or JJ with the limp/call preflop. I'd put villian on a weak K or AJ. The only other hands he could have that you'd be way behind on would be KJ or 99 and you'd think he would go for a check-raise with this turn with one of these two hands.

McGahee
12-13-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does no one think a raise is good with a fold to a 3 bet? I think you can safely eliminate AK or JJ with the limp/call preflop. I'd put villian on a weak K or AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a good chance he won't 3bet a weak K though, and he'll obviously never fold it, so you often just end up value betting for him when you do this.