PDA

View Full Version : Andy's too loose

12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Andy's the villain...

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High - Level IV (75/150), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (hand converter (use internet explorer) (http://www.jaysonweber.com/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Hero: 752
Seat 2: 1,158
Seat 3: 1,376
Seat 4: 928
Seat 5: 1,489
Seat 6: 3,028
Seat 7: 1,103
Seat 8: 2,166

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___raises ___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___raises ___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___calls ___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ___brings-in ___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ___folds

4th Street - (10.93 SB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ___calls

5th Street - (6.47 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ___calls

6th Street - (8.47 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ___bets ___calls 137 and is all-in
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ___raises

River - (12.38 BB)

Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ___all-in
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx

Total pot: (12.38 BB)

Results:
Total pot 1769

Hero: [Kd Ah Ad 2s Ts 6c 4h] (a pair of Aces)

Seat 2: [9s 9d 7d 8d 5c 6s 6d] (a straight, Five to Nine)

beta1607
12-12-2005, 11:50 PM
You need to either
a.) Learn to catch cards
b.) Quit poker

Andy B
12-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Oh come on. I had a pair, after all. You don't have to have Aces in order to raise coming in, right? By the time I was able to establish that you did, in fact, have Aces, I had cleverly made the pot way too big for me to even think about folding. This was a good thing for me, because once I put chips in the pot, I never fold.

Apart from perhaps third street, at what point do you think I should have folded?

preiserone
12-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm gonna agree with andy here, the only place to fold is 3rd if he believes you have aces, other than that i think he has to chase, he did get lucky but I don't think the 3rd street bet is to loose, there was alot of ante stealing going on.

benwood
12-13-2005, 02:39 AM
I have to object when you call Andy the villan,but I can't object when you call him too loose.Hehe.At least on 3rd st.Then he catches the beautiful 8 of diamonds & it's all over but the shouting.Give 'em hell,Andy.

12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Apart from perhaps third street, at what point do you think I should have folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit, after 3rd, you were correct to chase. Nice hand. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jon_1van
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
This is a standard tourney hand.

You are getting short. You have the best card up, you are looking at a bunch of duplicated cards. You have to take a stab regardless of what you actually have in the hole.

Andy probably knows this, and by the time he realizes he's behind for real he's pretty much tied himself to the pot ESPICALLY after he hits the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (which is one of 2 remaining 8s)

This is why being big is valueable. Because you won't bust out of a tourney when 1 hand doesn't swing your way.

BeerMoney
12-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Anyone else notice seat 5's 3rd street play?

Nice suckout Andy.

jon_1van
12-13-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously...is that a bug?

greenage
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, that was me. I don’t recall the hand so I can’t even feign an excuse.

BeerMoney
12-13-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, that was me. I don’t recall the hand so I can’t even feign an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had to be a misclick greenie.