PDA

View Full Version : Party 1/2 How can you call this river?

ghostface
12-12-2005, 11:11 PM
I dont have the hand history so I dont remember a few of the cards, but they dont help barons hand.

baronzeus is MP3 with 66

all fold and he raises, button or co 3-bets and the blinds fold

Flop: AJ7r

check, check

Turn: maybe a T

check, check

River: x probly lower than a 6

check, bet, call

WTF?

What can he possibly 3-bet PF that you are ahead of here? KQs is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

poker1O1
12-12-2005, 11:13 PM
KQ does beat u, I think bet/fold is a better line

bicyclekick
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
A lot of hands are player dependant so mb baronzues and that guy have a history. That said, KQ bets taht flop like 99.9999999% of the time no matter the player. I don't get it either, but if you are curious about a hand baronzues played, pm him instead of making a post calling him out about it in the future please.

ghostface
12-12-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KQ does beat u, I think bet/fold is a better line

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but I wasnt sure about the T.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it either, but if you are curious about a hand baronzues played, pm him instead of making a post calling him out about it in the future please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point noted, sry.

Paluka
12-12-2005, 11:25 PM
he probably put the guy on a small pocket pair, he figured it was no more likely to be 88 than 22 so he called getting decent odds. I've had my utg raises 3 bet by 22 in 100/200 games plenty of times.

baronzeus
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he probably put the guy on a small pocket pair, he figured it was no more likely to be 88 than 22 so he called getting decent odds. I've had my utg raises 3 bet by 22 in 100/200 games plenty of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, honestly I was just like wtf does this guy have. 22, 33, 44, 55 all came to mind, so I just said [censored] it I'll call. I think he had KK, so he managed to get an extra bet out of me, although he played his hand like a retard...

Edit: Actually the board ended up being AJ7xx with no ten. I remember thinking "maybe he has KQ".

PS how did you know my party username? I'm trying to keep it under wraps so please don't tell anyone.

Edit 2: By the way villain was xxpunisherxx. I know he's really aggressive preflop especially in the CO or button but I really couldn't put him on much.

ghostface
12-13-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS how did you know my party username? I'm trying to keep it under wraps so please don't tell anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its safe.